TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hopefullawyer101

Legendary Member
Feb 25, 2021
Sorry if this has been mentioned before - is HSF winter VS rolling or non-rolling?
Just a word of advice- I submitted by app today and haven't received the test yet, and in order to be considered you must have done both the app AND the test before the deadline !!! So I would submit ASAP, if possible.

tt_xo

Valued Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Oct 20, 2020
Hi guys,

I want to apply to some winter vac schemes but because winter vac schemes are usually 1-2 weeks and summer ones are 2-3 a lot of the time, I just thought that maybe I should actually apply to summer because you have longer to make an impression and hopefully convert the vac scheme to a training contract? I have no idea if im right in thinking this though, im just trying to decide which scheme I should go for. Anybody have any thoughts on this?

SR99

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 5, 2021
    Just a word of advice- I submitted by app today and haven't received the test yet, and in order to be considered you must have done both the app AND the test before the deadline !!! So I would submit ASAP, if possible.
    Thanks for letting me know! Could you update me when you receive the test? I am planning to submit my app by today & hope its not too late

Reactions: hopefullawyer101

M777

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jul 15, 2019
    On A&O, I'd note they had massive tech issues at the start of the cycle (eg emails telling people to take the SJT within 48 hours, even if they'd already done it). Might explain all the inconsistencies.

Seems odd that some people (eg @John Abram) did test in mid Sept and heard back today, whereas I heard back today 1.5 months since applying ,whereas many others haven't heard at all?

kitty_kat

Distinguished Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jun 10, 2020
    On A&O, I'd note they had massive tech issues at the start of the cycle (eg emails telling people to take the SJT within 48 hours, even if they'd already done it). Might explain all the inconsistencies.

Seems odd that some people (eg @John Abram) did test in mid Sept and heard back today, whereas I heard back today 1.5 months since applying ,whereas many others haven't heard at all?
    do you mind me asking whether u applied for the VS or TC? thanks!

33c

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Winner
    M&A Bootcamp
    Aug 8, 2020
    Hi guys,

I want to apply to some winter vac schemes but because winter vac schemes are usually 1-2 weeks and summer ones are 2-3 a lot of the time, I just thought that maybe I should actually apply to summer because you have longer to make an impression and hopefully convert the vac scheme to a training contract? I have no idea if im right in thinking this though, im just trying to decide which scheme I should go for. Anybody have any thoughts on this?
    Its really up to you - if you feel like you need the extra time (to make your own decision) then go for the longer scheme. However, you definitely have the same chance to convert regardless of the length of the scheme! A week is more than enough time to make an impression / get to know a firm :)

Reactions: OB
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.