TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Can someone please explain to me the HSF personality test how it works. Do you pick one word from each column that represents you and 1 word from each column makes a row. Something like this right which then makes sentence from 4 boxes right.

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020

TK123

Jun 30, 2021
    I apologise if this has been dealt with previously, but does anyone know if there is a definitive source for seeing what firms recruit on a rolling/non-rolling basis? Or is the best way to check each firm individually. It is quite hard to keep track of them all. Thanks!

ZaraB

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 13, 2020
    Hello, I was wondering whether there is a specific person to address the Ashurst personal statement to? Thanks!
    They said at the Vantage event that they don't expect you to address it to anyone, as last year people were wondering the same with the cover letter, which is why they changed to call it a personal statement. Hope that helps!

Reactions: l0133

mch16

• May 3, 2020
    I apologise if this has been dealt with previously, but does anyone know if there is a definitive source for seeing what firms recruit on a rolling/non-rolling basis? Or is the best way to check each firm individually. It is quite hard to keep track of them all. Thanks!
    https://congrapps.com/blog/category/1/post/11
    I have been using this - think the information is mostly accurate for this year's cycle too

M&M

• Oct 22, 2020
    Hi all!

Did someone else have issues with inserting your secondary school grades and school into the Linklaters form? My school doesn't show up on the list since I am an international student and I can't input it manually. With my grades, I put my grades into the form and save it but when I revisit that section my grades have disappeared. I've emailed the recruitment team but I'm afraid they won't get back to me in time. Any guidance would be appreciated!

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    I know this is a stressful time, but yall got this. Message me if I can be of any help. 🫂
    Meditation GIF

dangelataher

Oct 5, 2021
    Yes, they will potentially ask for them and also verify them. If you are asked to include them in an application, there is a chance they will be verified.

If you don’t know your grades, it’s time to find out really. It is very straight forward to find out what your grades are if you are unsure and firms won’t really like the excuse that you don’t know them, no matter how old they are.

Thanks for your help Jessica, emailed my school asking if they could send them my way!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.