TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scandi

Esteemed Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 28, 2021
    Hi!

Does anyone know how fast one gets sent a Video Interview invite for Clyde & Co's WVS application? By the looks of it, it seems like one is sent such an invite straight away (as it seems to form a part of the initial screening).

It would be very helpful to know what deadline one has to complete this VI, considering other commitments/assessments.

Kablahc

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Winner
  • Aug 31, 2020
    Hi everyone,

I am trying to take advantage of the rolling basis for the vacation scheme applications and was wondering - is it okay to apply for both Open Day and Vacation scheme at the same time (as opposed to trying to attend Open Day first)?
    Yes, I did this many times!

• 🤝
    Reactions: Casual

atrumregina1

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Oct 5, 2021
    Hi!

Does anyone know how fast one gets sent a Video Interview invite for Clyde & Co's WVS application? By the looks of it, it seems like one is sent such an invite straight away (as it seems to form a part of the initial screening).

It would be very helpful to know what deadline one has to complete this VI, considering other commitments/assessments.
    I got my VI invite the next day but I saw some other people say it can take up to 5 days to get it.

they give you 3 working days to complete it :) Hope this helps and good luck!

Phoenix for all

Distinguished Member
  • Feb 13, 2020
    Hi!

Clyde&Co sends out WVS in batches, so could be straightaway or take weeks depending on when you applied. Once you receive the test you have 72h to complete it

Reactions: Hele25

ltt_12

Star Member
    Oct 21, 2021
    Is it ok to re-send an email to grad rec? wanted to confirm that they got my results for the wg test and that there wasnt any technical difficulties but they havent responded to my original email and want to confirm before the deadline (which is soon)

pfoapplicant

Esteemed Member
    Dec 7, 2020
    @Jessica Booker

Hi everyone - just had a couple of queries about Latham & Watkins' Winter VS:

1. Are applications reviewed on a rolling basis? I'm sure I saw something about it being non-rolling on this forum (might have even been this thread), but I may well be conflating L&W with another forum.
    2. Is it open to third year law students? The last available graduate brochure mentions that candidates "should be in the penultimate year of their law degree, the final year of a non-law degree, or beyond" - I presume "beyond" doesn't just mean people doing postgrad studies?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    @Jessica Booker

1. Are applications reviewed on a rolling basis? I'm sure I saw something about it being non-rolling on this forum (might have even been this thread), but I may well be conflating L&W with another forum.
    2. Is it open to third year law students? The last available graduate brochure mentions that candidates "should be in the penultimate year of their law degree, the final year of a non-law degree, or beyond" - I presume "beyond" doesn't just mean people doing postgrad studies?
    Unfortunately I don't know the answer to this. I know someone asked the second question before and I said it was technically ambiguous as you don't know whether the beyond applies to the law and non-law degrees or just the non-law degree. However, to me beyond seems to suggest anything past the point they have referenced.

JM1998

Esteemed Member
    Mar 26, 2021
    @Jessica Booker

They are non-rolling. I’m not sure about the second one, might be worth emailing grad rec?

sakaesr99

Star Member
    Mar 30, 2021
    Taylor Wessing question: "We strive for excellence for our clients and people. What will drive you to deliver excellent client service?"

@Jessica Booker Do you think this question is asking what will motivate you at Taylor Wessing or what will motivate you at any law firm? I took it to mean at TW but now I'm not so sure..

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Taylor Wessing question: "We strive for excellence for our clients and people. What will drive you to deliver excellent client service?"

@Jessica Booker Do you think this question is asking what will motivate you at Taylor Wessing or what will motivate you at any law firm? I took it to mean at TW but now I'm not so sure..
    I think it is more about you rather than law or TW, but that you could weave in aspects of both why law/why TW into this, but you have to still focus on what will create drive within you.

Reactions: sakaesr99
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.