TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I don't suppose anyone knows whether it's too late to apply for NRF's Winter Vacation scheme? Today is the deadline, but I'm not sure whether that means 23:59 today or when it became today.

They offer a Spring vacation scheme as well, so I could apply to that instead, but I'm itching to get on with things ASAP 🙃
Will mean 23.59 on the day stated

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
What are good questions to ask at the end of HR interviews? I always find it pretty hard to come up with good ones
Genuine questions you want to to find the answers to that will help you work out if the firm is the right one for you.

You can always ask for your interviewers opinion on something you just find interesting about the firm or the work they do.

Reactions: Donuttime and bibss

Samir_O

Legendary Member
Oct 5, 2021
Yes they do if you email and ask
I've emailed HL grad rec twice and got no response. Bit confused, how long does it usually take them to respond? though i do understand that they are in a particularly busy time with deadlines and all. Anyone know who else i could try contact?

Last edited:

N.9

Valued Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 1, 2021
    I've emailed HL grad rec twice and got no response. Bit confused, how long does it usually take them to respond? though i do understand that they are in a particularly busy time with deadlines and all. Anyone know who else i could try contact?
    I think they responded to me quite promptly - perhaps it was a few days. They told me my percentile and that my application was now under review.

As it’s not a priority or urgent request, I would just wait, particularly as you’ve emailed them twice already. Hopefully you’ll hear back soon

Samir_O

Legendary Member
    Oct 5, 2021
    I think they responded to me quite promptly - perhaps it was a few days. They told me my percentile and that my application was now under review.

As it’s not a priority or urgent request, I would just wait, particularly as you’ve emailed them twice already. Hopefully you’ll hear back soon
    Thanks very much. Actually just checked my vantage portal - anyone know why the winter app deadline now is stated as 2nd dec 2021, when it was 31 oct before?!

Reactions: N.9

bibss

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 28, 2020
    For anyone who applied to EY Legal, I applied and did the SJT test on 28th and just logged in and its telling me to do the verbal assessment :) I got no email so recommend you all log in and have a look :)
    I got through as well😊. Do you know how long we have to complete the VRT?
    EDIT: I just got an email saying I have until 10 am on Wednesday 😀 is it the same for you?

Last edited:

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    I got through as well😊. Do you know how long we have to complete the VRT?
    EDIT: I just got an email saying I have until 10 am on Wednesday 😀 is the same for you?
    Yes just got my email through now! Also with the same deadline :)

Reactions: bibss
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.