TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I sent it two more times with the track changes in 😂 . For some reason, I just couldn't get rid of it.
I’d definitely brush up on how to use the review functions on Word (assuming that is what you are using) to ensure any track changes have been accepted/declined.

Dwight

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Dec 21, 2019
The ones on chambers are the correct ones (CMS's sectors) for anyone who is applying to CMS:

They are: consumer products; energy; financial institutions; hotels & leisure; infrastructure & projects; life sciences & healthcare; real estate; and technology, media & telecommunications.

• ℹ️
Reactions: Aspiring Solicitor 007

SLKEJRWOI97

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
Jan 22, 2020
@SLKEJRWOI97 by reacting with a like, are you suggesting that you have heard back from either Sidley or W&C?

I haven't heard back from either. I applied for WVS with both.

Hi! For those who have applied to A&O, how long did it take them to inform you the outcome of SJT?
I got my response straightaway but in a previous cycle, it took them 24+ hours to get back to me. I read on the forums that some people got responses even longer so don't sweat!

Dwight

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Dec 21, 2019
I got mine straight away
I haven't heard back from either. I applied for WVS with both.

I got my response straightaway but in a previous cycle, it took them 24+ hours to get back to me. I read on the forums that some people got responses even longer so don't sweat!
Cheers for letting me know. I just got mine - think it's auto.

Any advice for the A&O test?

DaN_97_

M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer
  • Jul 1, 2020
    Hey guys, I had an AC with A&O yesterday I would give it a 7/10, (maybe 6.5). In the Case study presentation I spoke slightly quickly, but there was a lot to say to be honest. Also, I think I spoke slightly flat (a little monotone I guess). I think I covered most things, on one issue, he mentioned another way of doing it and to be honest it made more sense, so I was quite honest ... I said that hearing this made me change my view and why my view changed. Redacted post due to forum’s community rules - (TCLA moderator account). Be great to know you guys think of this response @Jessica Booker

In the second interview, it was standard competency/scenario questions. It went well-ish, I maybe some answers could have been structured and delivered better but not bad. Overall I did decently, I think it will be a close-run thing, if I had to guess I would say I will just miss out.

Does anyone know how long A&O takes to get back, how they normally get in touch?
    I emailed grad rec and they said that we should expect to hear back by next week :)

lila122

Star Member
    Jul 29, 2021
    In a written case study, if asked to advise a business on the best strategy to take out of several different options, would I only mention solutions to the risks in relation to my preferred strategy, and would you aim to include your preferred strategy in an exec summary, and then discuss and evaluate each strategy one at a time for the rest of the document? Not sure how I’d merge issues if some issues were only specific to one strategy. Any guidance appreciated!!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    In a written case study, if asked to advise a business on the best strategy to take out of several different options, would I only mention solutions to the risks in relation to my preferred strategy, and would you aim to include your preferred strategy in an exec summary, and then discuss and evaluate each strategy one at a time for the rest of the document? Not sure how I’d merge issues if some issues were only specific to one strategy. Any guidance appreciated!!
    I wouldn’t go through each strategy - just focus on the one that you have chosen.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.