TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M777

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jul 15, 2019
Because DLA is known to be non-rolling, you won’t hear back before the deadline.
I assumed so too! They actually emailed me today (possibly automated?) drawing my attention to their open days, and that applications are reviewed rolling so we should get them in ASAP, so not 100% sure what's going on. Have also heard from others it's non rolling?

Last edited:

Anoned

Distinguished Member
Nov 1, 2021
Because DLA is known to be non-rolling, you won’t hear back before the deadline.
DLA reviews applications on a rolling basis.

"Summer Internship applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. You are encouraged to apply ahead of the application deadline. Assessment centres for the Summer Internship will take place through mid-late January and February."

John Travoni

Legendary Member
Jan 14, 2021
DLA reviews applications on a rolling basis.

"Summer Internship applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. You are encouraged to apply ahead of the application deadline. Assessment centres for the Summer Internship will take place through mid-late January and February."
I previously stated this in a message but although DLA Piper state this on their website, the GR make it clear that they do not review applications on a rolling basis. Only if you completed their first year scheme, would you hear back earlier from them as they conduct their ACs for those students next months and then they get back to the rest of the students in Jan after the deadline has passed.

Hope this is useful x

Reactions: M777, OB and S87

jv1999

Star Member
Junior Lawyer
Aug 11, 2021
Does anyone know which of the US elite firms recruit on a rolling basis for VS? I've seen that Willkie and Cleary do but a lot of the others don't seem to say and have pretty sparse UK careers information compared to UK/global firms.

Sara.a

Premium Member
Nov 18, 2019
Hi all,

Quick question: how is innovation/data literacy applicable to the role of a trainee solicitor? I understand that it would enable one to critically think about ways in which technology could be adopted to deliver results more effectively but was wondering if anyone had any further specific examples of how it may be used to benefit the role/the firm?

Thank you!

Kubed

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Winner
Junior Lawyer 49
  • Nov 25, 2020
    Hi all,

Quick question: how is innovation/data literacy applicable to the role of a trainee solicitor? I understand that it would enable one to critically think about ways in which technology could be adopted to deliver results more effectively but was wondering if anyone had any further specific examples of how it may be used to benefit the role/the firm?

Thank you!
    Hey - I don't have any specific examples but I think it's important not to conflate innovation with technology/data. Innovation is doing something new or novel or different - for example putting a creative idea/concept into action or a way of doing something that makes an existing process more efficient. This can include use of data or technology but does not necessarily need to.

On the other hand, in an increasingly data driven world, being able to read, analyse and apply different forms of data is important in many roles. As is technology - you might be using various bits of tech (e.g. machine learning or AI for due diligence or discovery, managing contracts etc.), which would make your role and the firm more efficient.

Reactions: AvniD and Nicole15
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.