TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MillyWills

Jun 15, 2021
I would say go on the AC and see how it goes and then ask them once you're accepted? so you don't give a bad impression before knowing. Good luck
I have an AC next Wednesday for Clyde & Co's winter vac scheme but I've just received an offer for A&O's winter vac scheme (which I plan on accepting) which will be over the same dates - should I immediately email Clyde & Co about this to see if I can be considered for their spring or summer vac scheme instead? How do I put this without it sounding like I'm not as interested in Clyde & Co?
Congratulations on your offer! When was your A&O AC if you don’t mind sharing? I do agree with the person above that I would probably complete the AC and then ask to be moved once I get an offer 🤗

Reactions: GXA123

letmeintolaw

Distinguished Member
Nov 11, 2021
Has anyone applied to the Government Legal Trainee Scheme? I'm really confused by their application process, it says it has closed for 2021 on GOV.uk then on a different page says this:

"We welcome applications on a continuous basis between 3rd September 2021 and 2nd March 2022. Applications will be assessed in 6 waves throughout the period. The cut-off for each wave is at midday on the following dates:

Wave 1: 1st October 2021
Wave 2: 29th October 2021
Wave 3: 26th November 2021
Wave 4: 5th January 2022
Wave 5: 2nd February 2022
Wave 6: 2nd March 2022"

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Has anyone applied to the Government Legal Trainee Scheme? I'm really confused by their application process, it says it has closed for 2021 on GOV.uk then on a different page says this:

"We welcome applications on a continuous basis between 3rd September 2021 and 2nd March 2022. Applications will be assessed in 6 waves throughout the period. The cut-off for each wave is at midday on the following dates:

It probably means it is closed for their 2021 intakes. I would expect the above to relate to their 2022 intakes.

M777

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jul 15, 2019
If we haven’t heard from Stephenson Harwood, Latham or Shearman would it be safe to assume PFO?
@Jessica Booker Is it still fairly early in the WVS application process? Just seeing a lot of posts on the forum of a similar nature to this one (including from myself at times!).

My guess is that if we don't hear back in week coming up to end of November then we should be worried (think you posted something like this?), but until then we should be okay? As far as I know the deadline for most WVS applications was only 31st october, ie 11 days ago

psr23

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
Sep 15, 2020

Hi, do you mind me asking where you found this? I can only find the page that says applications for 2021 have closed, I can’t find the link for the current/upcoming app cycle

Reactions: Miki3999

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@Jessica Booker Is it still fairly early in the WVS application process? Just seeing a lot of posts on the forum of a similar nature to this one (including from myself at times!).

My guess is that if we don't hear back in week coming up to end of November then we should be worried (think you posted something like this?), but until then we should be okay? As far as I know the deadline for most WVS applications was only 31st october, ie 11 days ago
11 days is not a long time especially if you have to complete any assessments after submitting an application.

If you haven’t heard 4 weeks before the scheme starts, then it is less likely (but not impossible) that you aren’t being taken forward.

Reactions: M777
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.