TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kat_

Valued Member
Premium Member
Nov 14, 2020
When did you do yours? I received my feedback report on Saturday and did my test on Friday so wondered if there's any correlation with how they're reviewing them or just purely in order of when people completed it
I did mine on Sunday morning :)
hopefully, they'll get back to us soon!

Reactions: OB

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Anyone who knows me knows I’ve been on this forum for a little time and I’ve had my fair share of disappointing outcomes. Although I’m over the moon to say I’ve secured a winter vac scheme with Simmons - it’s also worth adding that this was my first AC for a vac scheme and I know the general advice is to never expect good news bc it’s such a unique experience but this is your reminder that sometimes you can beat the odds ❤️❤️❤️
    Amazing news, well done!

vacschemeapss

Valued Member
    Jan 25, 2021
    Hey, so when I had mine on Monday I believe they said they were running them until Wednesday (yesterday), however you never know this may have changed slightly. Hope this helps!
    This is helpful! So did they tell you when you'd hear back from them by? I had mine last week and they had said they would tell me by this week about the outcome.

RS31

Distinguished Member
    Jan 23, 2021
    Hello - Panic moment! @Jessica Booker

I sat down to record my Latham VI, but the interview is not progressing beyond recording the practice question. In fact, it only allows me to press record - I can't stop recording or play it back either, let alone proceed beyond it.

Given that it is 7PM and the deadline is unclear (Friday, 12th November 00:00:00 GMT - which I assume means midnight tonight), what should I do?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hello - Panic moment! @Jessica Booker

I sat down to record my Latham VI, but the interview is not progressing beyond recording the practice question. In fact, it only allows me to press record - I can't stop recording or play it back either, let alone proceed beyond it.

Given that it is 7PM and the deadline is unclear (Friday, 12th November 00:00:00 GMT - which I assume means midnight tonight), what should I do?
    The deadline will be 23.59 tomorrow - it’s a badly worded description.

Call the firm first thing in the morning to see if the deadline can be extended. Also try to contact the video interview platform provider to see if they can provide tech support. They are usually available 24/7.

Reactions: Jaysen

AvniD

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 25, 2021
    Not sure if I'm the only one feeling this way atm but it is quite stressful waiting to hear back from firms when you're working full-time (not knowing whether to take time off for interviews etc..). I guess for some firms it is still quite 'early' and patience is a virtue as they say.. *sigh*.
    The wait is the worst! I felt so anxious in the weeks and months leading up to the outcome of my applications. I didn't have the same scheduling stresses as yours, but I can completely empathise as I had to do my applications and interviews to UK time while being in India, which meant that the panic of missing deadlines or scheduling interviews at weird times of the day in India was really stressful.

Patience is indeed a virtue, but please vent any stresses you have so that you're not burdened by them- we're all here for you! I hope you hear back sooner than you think- I'm rooting for you! 😇

fanny_894

Nov 12, 2021
    Guys do you reckon it would be unethical to renege on an accepted offer if I've accepted through email but haven't signed the formal document? It's not cause I prefer another firm but rather that the other date suits me better.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    This is my first cycle and I am still working / wanting to begin applications for firms that recruit on a rolling basis - do you think it is too late now if they opened 1st October?
    Unless their deadline is in the next week or two, no, it won’t be too late.

Vast majority of candidates apply in the days leading up to the deadline.

Reactions: hannaheshaw04
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.