TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lily721

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Oct 7, 2020
    For the Simmons and Simmons written exercise, should I worry for not pressing “continue” after completing it?

I was automatically taken to the next page to move on with the video interview when the time ran out, but I remember that in the instructions it said to press “continue” so that my answers are saved. And now I don’t know whether to email GR about it.

lila122

Star Member
    Jul 29, 2021
    Does anyone who has experience with a mid-market law firm, know of any benefits that this type of work offers trainees? Or why someone would choose to pick a mid-market law firm? Not sure of how this majorly impacts the type of work undertake aside from working with companies that aren't as big?

Rob93

Legendary Member
    Dec 29, 2020
    Does anyone who has experience with a mid-market law firm, know of any benefits that this type of work offers trainees? Or why someone would choose to pick a mid-market law firm? Not sure of how this majorly impacts the type of work undertake aside from working with companies that aren't as big?
    Generally speaking, at a midmarket firm I'd expect more client contact and opportunities to take on higher-level tasks as a junior, and (again generally) a better work-life balance than firms that work at the top of the market. All of this varies by firm, though.

pfoapplicant

Esteemed Member
    Dec 7, 2020
    Took the HSF AC for the Winter VS about a fortnight ago (the last ACs were towards the end of last week) - the recruitment people at the AC stated that we'd be told whether we were successful "very quickly, and by the end of the week at the latest", but I still haven't heard anything. How likely is this to be a rejection, and should I get in touch with the HSF recruitment team to check that an email hasn't accidentally been sent to the wrong account?

jv1999

Star Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Aug 11, 2021
    If you're applying to a VS or TC, should you list a Vacation Scheme as 'work experience' that you have not done yet but will have done by the time of the scheme you are appling to? Obviously you won't have any details you can talk about in the free text space

hopefullylaw2000

Valued Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 11, 2020
    Took the HSF AC for the Winter VS about a fortnight ago (the last ACs were towards the end of last week) - the recruitment people at the AC stated that we'd be told whether we were successful "very quickly, and by the end of the week at the latest", but I still haven't heard anything. How likely is this to be a rejection, and should I get in touch with the HSF recruitment team to check that an email hasn't accidentally been sent to the wrong account?
    Hiya! I had my HSF AC last monday as was told ASAP but had no response by Friday and they said this Friday the latest! I know some people heard back but think it depends on which partner interviewed you:)

Reactions: pfoapplicant

future solicitor__

Junior Lawyer
    Aug 10, 2021
    Someone I know hadn't heard back from HSF for two weeks since their AC. They emailed grad rec on Friday and got a call around an hour later and was successful! Me on the other hand found out I was unsuccessful a few days after the AC! So I wouldn't assume rejection - maybe email grad rec :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.