TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi everyone! I'm just finishing my draft for the Freshfields app and know that on a few events I've been to, they said they wanted a lot of the app focused on you but I was wondering how much about why i want to train at Freshfields should I include?
Remember that explaining why you want to work for Freshfields is focusing on you!

Having read thousands of FBD apps, I don't think there is really a set answer to how much you write for this, but I would make sure it is covered well in the personal statement. To me, the personal statement needs to show as much about your past experiences as possible (without repeating information from other sections) but this has to be balanced with it being forward looking as to why the career and firm are right for you.

BM99

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Sep 12, 2021
Can you send me the link please, I thought we would hear earlier as they were very quick with the 2023 TCs

M&Amakesmyday

Star Member
Oct 30, 2021
Yes, there are not any essay questions for Clydes this year, instead its quite similar to the Linklaters application process where there's an interactive online simulation element that requires some video questions.
Clydes have space for four work experience elements which you can add detail to to help you stand out beyond the VI.
They do ask whether or not you have completed the virtual internship, but I highly doubt it'll be a case where they reject candidates based on whether or not they have done it- not everyone has the time or resources to complete the online internships, they are very time consuming so I wouldn't worry!
Thank you so much for this! I really appreciate it

• Love
Reactions: anon123456789
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.