TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Su Ozkan

Nov 20, 2020
Hey everyone! Just got the BCLP online test feedback report, but it doesn't say anything about whether I proceeded onto the next round of the application. Am I supposed to get another email regarding this? Does anyone else have a similar issue? Please let me know if anyone has any answers. Thank you!

TCApp2021

Legendary Member
Dec 21, 2021
Hey everyone! Just got the BCLP online test feedback report, but it doesn't say anything about whether I proceeded onto the next round of the application. Am I supposed to get another email regarding this? Does anyone else have a similar issue? Please let me know if anyone has any answers. Thank you!
Hey, they'll respond with either a rejection or invite to an interview with GR. Not sure how long this usually takes but I completed my online test (and got the report) a few weeks ago.

• 🤝
Reactions: AvniD and Su Ozkan

summer207

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Jan 22, 2021
Thank you, this is so helpful. It is often difficult to know where to start but this has provided a really useful structure! So I guess they are expecting you to actually name-drop other firms given the comparative element of the qu?
I attended a session with graduate recruitment earlier in the year and they made it clear that they’re not expecting you to name-drop other firms. I’d say just convey in your answer how Latham differentiates itself and why that appeals to you.

M991

Distinguished Member
Mar 14, 2020
@Jessica Booker

Hi guys - does anyone know if Sidley Austin accept summer vac scheme applications from final-year law students (this isn't made entirely clear on the firm's website)?
Hello!

I just had a look at Sidley's website and they say: "You can apply for a vacation scheme from your penultimate year of a law degree or final year of a non-law degree", so I assume they mean that you can apply from your penultimate year onwards.

Reactions: pfoapplicant

F99

Legendary Member
Dec 1, 2021
Fairly confident that Latham is non-rolling.
I was always under the impression it was rolling, but must have misread/got mixed up with another firm. Definitely welcome news that it's non-rolling! So I'm guessing no-one who has applied has had an outcome yet (since the deadline hasn't yet passed)?

Reactions: GXA123

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Does anyone know why on CVMail some answers to my application questions for Baker McKenzie were in a darker colour is it an indication of copy and paste from another application. Also, will the law firm see it like this also when they are reviewing my application.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.