TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mads_g

Star Member
Premium Member
Nov 20, 2021
I haven't received a WG invite from CMS since applying a week ago, should I assume a PFO? Considering I've heard of people getting their WG two days after applying?
I wouldn't assume yet! I imagine they'll be a bit slower at the moment considering there haven't been many working days since you applied :)

Reactions: F99

pfoapplicant

Esteemed Member
Dec 7, 2020
@Jessica Booker

Hi guys - if an application form contains the following question:
If applicable please state any additional information which you think is relevant to your application or which you think has not been covered adequately in this form.

Is this essentially looking for extenuating circumstances and suchlike, or would it place the candidate at a disadvantage if he left the section blank (given that there is already a question asking the candidate to discuss their extra-curricular activities and achievements)?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@Jessica Booker

Hi guys - if an application form contains the following question:
If applicable please state any additional information which you think is relevant to your application or which you think has not been covered adequately in this form.

Is this essentially looking for extenuating circumstances and suchlike, or would it place the candidate at a disadvantage if he left the section blank (given that there is already a question asking the candidate to discuss their extra-curricular activities and achievements)?
It is not an issue if it is blank and it will be fairly common for it to be so.

It really is any opportunity to provide any further information that doesn't naturally fit into other questions (and not just because you ran out of word count). That could include grade clarifications, explanations for gaps in education or employment, if you are limited to the number of work experience entries you can provide, providing a summary of your other experiences (even if it is just job titles and dates of employment), Any particular circumstances you think make you stand out (e.g. specific skills like languages/coding abilities etc if you haven't been able to include them elsewhere), clarity on your work status (e.g. if you need a visa etc).

• ℹ️
Reactions: AvniD, pfoapplicant and Asil Ahmad

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@Jessica Booker

Hi Jessica, I was wondering how it would look if I pointed out a spelling error on a firm's recruitment page. They used the wrong your/you're. Personally, it's something I would want to know, but I don't want it to come across in bad taste!

Thanks!
I personally wouldn’t. It isn’t really your place to do this and I don’t see the benefit in you doing this.

Mistakes happen and it isn’t for anything critical/important, and so I’d just let it pass.

teddyowen34

Dec 15, 2021
got invited to simmons & simmons verbal and logical reasoning and VI test. Is the verbal and logical reasoning test like a WG test? Any tips? All help will be greatly appreciated as this is my first call-back on my vac scheme applications.

Last edited:
Reactions: Commerciallaw

avaelle42

Star Member
Dec 15, 2021
simmons & simmons verbal and logical reasoning and VI test. Is the verbal and logical reasoning test like a WG test? Any tips? All help will be greatly appreciated as this is my first call-back on my vac scheme applications.
the logical reasoning is visual/shape-based and not like the WG. Hard to explain but the practice tests are pretty explanatory. The verbal reasoning is more akin to WG but still slightly different. Good luck!

WN20

Star Member
Nov 30, 2021
This might be a silly question - if the deadline for a VI is the 3rd Jan (GMT+00:00), does this mean that I won’t have the entire 3rd Jan to complete it and rather will have to complete it by the end of 2nd Jan. Hope that made sense :)

Rob93

Legendary Member
Dec 29, 2020
This might be a silly question - if the deadline for a VI is the 3rd Jan (GMT+00:00), does this mean that I won’t have the entire 3rd Jan to complete it and rather will have to complete it by the end of 2nd Jan. Hope that made sense :)
I've been wondering exactly the same thing and my assumption is that the deadline is Sunday 2 Jan.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
What platform is the interview on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.