TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCN

Valued Member
Junior Lawyer
Feb 20, 2020
May the people who have emailed Macfarlanes grad rec update the rest of us if you get a reply? I'm not going to email because I can imagine they're absolutely bombarded with emails but still want to be in the loop!

Reactions: Emily K and samni

AB

Star Member
Premium Member
Jan 23, 2020
Unfortunately, I don't think anything can be done because we applied last minute ( I emailed anyway just in case) but I believe the direct training contract may be the exact same ( haven't checked this year but it usually is). Might be worth shelving the application for now, updating it closer to the deadline ( if it's not rolling), and applying. So the application isn't a total waste.

Reactions: GXA123

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Applications systems are notoriously unreliable on application deadline days because of the volume of applicants - the system isn’t designed for hundreds of people accessing it at the same time. One of my strongest reasons for not applying on deadline day - my advice is always apply the previous working day ahead of the deadline as a minimum to save you these stresses.

If lots of people have had the issue, I suspect the firm are likely to offer people the opportunity to apply as/when the system is fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.