TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Has anyone re-applied to Jones Day after interviewing there and being unsuccessful? Their website says:
  1. Please note: 1. It is not our policy to reassess candidates who have previously interviewed or attended a placement scheme with us and been unsuccessful in their application. 2. Whilst we do not preclude candidates from re-applying if they have not previously interviewed with us, since our criteria for selecting candidates to attend our schemes remain the same year on year, if you have been unsuccessful one year, it would be unlikely that you would be successful a following year. However, if your profile has improved considerably since your last application and you would like to reapply, you should highlight why your profile has changed in any new application and covering letter.

I interviewed in 2019 and have improved since my interview, just wondering if this would be acceptable gap or whether you're essentially black listed from every applying again?
If you think your profile has substantially changed, then I’d reapply. It is just to stop people reapplying with practically the same profile, and therefore helps to keep applications down.

• 🤝
Reactions: gg332dd

Dwight

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Dec 21, 2019
Has anyone heard back after completing the WG Test for DLA Piper?

Cross mark for rejection post WG Test;
Green tick for AC invite post WG Test; or
Like for no news post WG Test.

I am just very curious because my portal has updated, and I know that this is the case for several others who have also yet to hear back.

IT7

Esteemed Member
  • Jun 23, 2021
    Mine took a month, some took them a week or a day. so there is no rule tbh
    Thanks! Considering they accept applications on a rolling basis, I'm guessing it's better to finish the WG as soon as possible though? Especially since the WG is automatic. So after how long would you recommend I email them?

EVjuji

Valued Member
    Nov 29, 2019
    Has anyone heard back after completing the WG Test for DLA Piper?

Cross mark for rejection post WG Test;
    Green tick for AC invite post WG Test; or
    Like for no news post WG Test.

I am just very curious because my portal has updated, and I know that this is the case for several others who have also yet to hear back.

I like your post - such a good idea! :)

Reactions: OB and Slawrelated

GXA123

Legendary Member
  • Nov 30, 2020
    Thanks! Considering they accept applications on a rolling basis, I'm guessing it's better to finish the WG as soon as possible though? Especially since the WG is automatic. So after how long would you recommend I email them?
    Honestly I kept emailing every week, because I was very stressed out. But they kept saying soon/ next month.. etc so I don’t think emailing changes much. And they only give three days to complete the WG so you don’t have much anyways.

Reactions: IT7

Slawrelated

Distinguished Member
    Jan 22, 2021
    Honestly I kept emailing every week, because I was very stressed out. But they kept saying soon/ next month.. etc so I don’t think emailing changes much. And they only give three days to complete the WG so you don’t have much anyways.
    If you don't mind me asking, have they eventually sent you the WG? and how long after you submitted your app?

samni

Valued Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 2, 2020
    After a while it lets me through and says to select a role to apply for and there's nothing there :/
    I'm having the same issue. Now it's not even loading to that stage, but just blanking after it finally lets me log in. Emailed grad rec about it - hopefully if enough of us are having the same issue and let them know, we'll get a chance to submit it

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.