TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bananak

Sep 9, 2021
Clyde & Co gave me VI completion deadline until 7th Jan. Was going to complete it today, but said the link expired on 3 Jan even though their e-mail specified 7 January. E-mailed Clyde & Co graduate recruitment but does anyone else have any other tips pls? Any help is greatly appreciated

Reactions: TCG

Commerciallaw

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Aug 30, 2021
    Any advice for Lathams test?
    Latham's test is like Linklater's test. I did Latham's test yesterday. It isn't timed but it took around 30 minutes. From what I remember there are 24 questions. Roughly half are scenario questions where you have to order your response from most to least likely. The other half there is a statement like 'are you more likely to pay attention to detail or look at the big picture' and then u move the pointer along a line. You cannot really prepare, I guess my advice would be to just be honest. Good luck :)

User274302

Star Member
    Sep 12, 2021
    Latham's test is like Linklater's test. I did Latham's test yesterday. It isn't timed but it took around 30 minutes. From what I remember there are 24 questions. Roughly half are scenario questions where you have to order your response from most to least likely. The other half there is a statement like 'are you more likely to pay attention to detail or look at the big picture' and then u move the pointer along a line. You cannot really prepare, I guess my advice would be to just be honest. Good luck :)
    Perfect, thank you! :)

Reactions: GXA123

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Did you have a look at their competencies before doing the test.

Commerciallaw

Valued Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Aug 30, 2021
    Did you have a look at their competencies before doing the test.
    Yes, roughly but honestly I didn't really check my notes when doing the test. Also, right at the beginning there is a video from, i think, a partner. I made notes of it because he mentions a few competencies that Latham's finds central.

TCG

Star Member
    Jul 7, 2020
    Clyde & Co gave me VI completion deadline until 7th Jan. Was going to complete it today, but said the link expired on 3 Jan even though their e-mail specified 7 January. E-mailed Clyde & Co graduate recruitment but does anyone else have any other tips pls? Any help is greatly appreciated
    It happened to me today! Did they e-mail you back?

Rob93

Legendary Member
    Dec 29, 2020
    Yes, roughly but honestly I didn't really check my notes when doing the test. Also, right at the beginning there is a video from, i think, a partner. I made notes of it because he mentions a few competencies that Latham's finds central.
    Definitely second using that video as a touchpoint when considering answers, though I agree with the above that being totally honest (including with yourself) is the best way to go - there were a couple instances where I thought 'well, doing X sounds good but in reality I think I would do Y' and went with Y. I don't think there's much good can come of bluffing about your temperament.

Reactions: Commerciallaw

layk

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer
    Jul 16, 2019
    Could anyone who's completed the Clyde & Co VI share their experiences with the test? How long is it/how many seconds do you get to answer/how many seconds is it to rest/ is it just strengths based or is there commercial awarenesss etc? Would really appreciate any guidance! :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.