TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

atrumregina1

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Oct 5, 2021
    Think this needs updating but here is a rough guide folks!
    This is very helpful! Unfortunately can’t avoid testing completely as most firms use it but I do think it’s one of the most unfair criteria to judge people in this process :(

• 🏆
    • 🤝
    Reactions: AvniD and Commerciallaw

Sophh182

Star Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 25, 2021
    Clyde & Co gave me VI completion deadline until 7th Jan. Was going to complete it today, but said the link expired on 3 Jan even though their e-mail specified 7 January. E-mailed Clyde & Co graduate recruitment but does anyone else have any other tips pls? Any help is greatly appreciated
    Did you receive your VI invite today? I received mine with a deadline of 7th Jan today so I may have the same issue

Reactions: bananak

summer207

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jan 22, 2021
    Just finished Baker McKenzie's video interview.. the first video interview I've ever had, completely tripped up on my words although I got 70%-90% of the information across. With the last question I spoke too fast and stared at the camera like a deer in headlights:/ holding out some hope because I don't think the substance/information of my answers were too bad, it was just more of my nerves in the way. Any advice for someone who feels horrible after their first video interview?
    If it’s any consolation, I did my Baker McKenzie VI today as well, and I’m pretty sure I spoke really quickly in the last two questions 😭 My advice is to try and focus on something else (although it’s easier said than done). Best of luck!

Reactions: bananak

lawyering

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Oct 29, 2020
    For the Freshfields work experience section, do they only have the option to include 4 experiences? Should I prioritise the most recent first and then group together legal work experience to save space (i.e. insight events/open days)?

I also had some questions about Freshfields' work experience section - I was under the impression that you could include a limited number of work experiences, but just logged into the portal and to me it looks like you can add more than 4?

Also was wondering whether the work experience section has unlimited word count?

Would be really grateful if someone could shed light on this - thank you!

Reactions: GXA123
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.