TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elsa3.1415

Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 14, 2021
Hi guys, I just received a VI invite for Eversheds Sutherland but I'm really worried.

I hate video interviews and I'm terrible at them. The one minute prep time I always panic and it's barely enough to read the question and let it sink in. Also when answering I always run out of time (they've given us 2 mins)

It's also a strengths based interview with scenario qs which I've never done before.

Any tips or advice would be appreciated.

Also if you guys have some example qs I'd be rly grateful.
Hey, I did mine a few days ago and it did not go well lol, one minute to prepare your answer when you also have to read the scenario is tough... I would say don't prepare set responses in advance, otherwise you might get thrown off by the unexpected. Also, in the info they provide it says there will be a question like why do you apply to this position, but actually, there is no specific question like that. Rather, some of the questions about past or future behaviour include your motivation for the firm.

My advice is to prepare bullet points with your experiences, strengths and past examples where you exhibited them, and have all of them in mind ready to be mentioned. But be natural, really try to pretend you are actually talking to someone (that is where I f*ed up, I sounded more robotic than Zuckerberg, although in person I have no issues.)

Good luck!!

Reactions: cyberjaz1116

yasmars

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 1, 2021
Hey, I did mine a few days ago and it did not go well lol, one minute to prepare your answer when you also have to read the scenario is tough... I would say don't prepare set responses in advance, otherwise you might get thrown off by the unexpected. Also, in the info they provide it says there will be a question like why do you apply to this position, but actually, there is no specific question like that. Rather, some of the questions about past or future behaviour include your motivation for the firm.

My advice is to prepare bullet points with your experiences, strengths and past examples where you exhibited them, and have all of them in mind ready to be mentioned. But be natural, really try to pretend you are actually talking to someone (that is where I f*ed up, I sounded more robotic than Zuckerberg, although in person I have no issues.)

Good luck!!
This is why I always stay away from firms that have VIs as part of the recruitment process.

Sachin Chandra

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
Apr 16, 2020
applied kirkland last minute (11:58pm) 3 days ago and got vi just now - thats some impressive speed
Did you apply at 11.58 pm on 1st Jan or 31 Dec? Well done, I applied too but just realised one capitalisation mistake - Lincoln's inn - on my CV. Considering how competitive K&E is it is likely that this mistake alone is enough to bin my app. Thoughts??

gw9

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 28, 2022
Did you apply at 11.58 pm on 1st Jan or 31 Dec? Well done, I applied too but just realised one capitalisation mistake - Lincoln's inn - on my CV. Considering how competitive K&E is it is likely that this mistake alone is enough to bin my app. Thoughts??
I don't have any experience with K&E specifically so please correct me if I'm wrong, but if your application is strong with a single mistake that minor, I really doubt they would immediately bin it.

imdeded

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 5, 2022
the 1st! and i doubt a mistake that minor will change much

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.