TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arch1234

Jan 5, 2023
Does anyone have tips for the VI Mishcon ? Is it competency based? Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
It focuses on the firm quite heavily - so make sure you know why the firm and why YOU want to work there. Have a good idea of the kind of work the firm does. It also asks you about your strengths - so be ready to talk about what skills you have, times you have overcome difficulty etc. It's only 3 questions, I would just plan bullet points of things you can talk about rather than plan out long answers, so you can look back at the bullet points during your planning 60 seconds and see if it sparks anything useful. VIs are very daunting so just keep calm and speak clearly.

Harrison.jm

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2022
I’m feeling the same - received offers to multiple events including in-person events, networked A LOT with people from my uni who are now training there, and had associates there tell me that I seem like the perfect candidate. I also think it was my best written application so far, yet I’ve received next stage invites from firms who seem equally as competitive, but for whom I was only 99% happy with my application before sending. Honestly quite upset and a bit confused. Just trying to move on by focusing on the other opportunities that I have been given. Really best of luck with your other applications :)
Same here! Let's not get run down by it. This seems to have happened to a lot of people. I'd be happy to exchange my app with someone to try and see where we may have gone wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.