TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorpLawyer00

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Aug 8, 2022
has anyone that applied to DLA or CMS and did WG in early jan or late december heard back with anything other than a PFO? I see a lot of people hearing back but seems to be all PFO?

Reactions: Uvaia

FutureLawyer99

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
Dec 28, 2021
I’m feeling the same - received offers to multiple events including in-person events, networked A LOT with people from my uni who are now training there, and had associates there tell me that I seem like the perfect candidate. I also think it was my best written application so far, yet I’ve received next stage invites from firms who seem equally as competitive, but for whom I was only 99% happy with my application before sending. Honestly quite upset and a bit confused. Just trying to move on by focusing on the other opportunities that I have been given. Really best of luck with your other applications :)

Hey, I hope you’re feeling better about it now. Sorry I’ve just come across your post but I thought here’s some encouraging advice. Firstly, it’s great that you’re making these connections because even though right now it may seem that the networking has not paid off, it definitely will at some point. Also, requirements vary firm to firm and a LOT of different factors go into whether someone should progress onto the next round or not. Therefore, it is not necessarily the case that your application was not good enough. So, please don’t think that your effort has gone to vain. It took me 3 application cycles to really understand this because I kept thinking that I’m wasting my time and effort. I love the positive attitude of focusing on other opportunities! Just carry on, eventually we will all get something. It just might take some of us longer than others but we’ll all get there. It’s all about taking those baby steps as they come along and more importantly as @Jaysen has said many times, persevere. If you give up, not getting a training contract becomes a guarantee. If you’re always in the game, you always have a chance :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.