Status
Not open for further replies.

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
Slight confuson over Skadden's application question: "Why are you applying to a training contract at Skadden and why do you believe you are suited to the firm" 300 word max. I feel this is similar to the A&O question that was brought up at some point, where it was unclear if it was asking why commercial law, why the firm (clients and practice areas) or why specifically their training (small intake, seat rotatione etc.) o_O

Any advice on how to answer this? And what is the best way to split this answer up; 150 words on the first part and 150 word on why im suited to the firm (linking my skills and experiences back to the firm)?
The way I'd approach this question is by doing the 50-50 split in word count and picking two headlining reasons for why you're applying to a TC at Skadden and why you're suited to the firm each.

For why the TC at Skadden, I'd almost pick one reason for what stands out about the TC to you and one reason for what stands out about the firm to you and ensure ➡️ that you back this up with grounded evidence of how you know this things matter to you (maybe through open days. a webinar, a recruitment event etc) and ➡️ why they are important to you and your career.

For why you're well suited to the firm, I'd look through their trainee competencies and pick those that you believe you possess ➡️explain how you have come to possess this competency ➡️and what impact it can have in your work at the firm (align it with the firm's values, business strategy etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.