TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samir_O

Legendary Member
Oct 5, 2021
hey all - I have just received a NRF telephone interview invite but when I click on the interview tab on my cvmailuk portal nothing appears - not quite sure how to book a slot. Anyone got any idea if this is a lag or what to expect?

ame60

Oct 21, 2022
hey all - I have just received a NRF telephone interview invite but when I click on the interview tab on my cvmailuk portal nothing appears - not quite sure how to book a slot. Anyone got any idea if this is a lag or what to expect?
I had the same problem, it took about 15/20 mins for the interview manager to update with timeslots so just keep checking back every 5 mins and they should load eventually!

tkwillbealawyer

Star Member
Premium Member
  • Feb 21, 2022
    Anyone done the Ashurst written case study before/any case study of a similar kind, please DM me! This is my first case study exercise and it's tomorrow, so any help would be GREATLY appreciated x :)

B A

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 4, 2020
    Anyone done the Ashurst written case study before/any case study of a similar kind, please DM me! This is my first case study exercise and it's tomorrow, so any help would be GREATLY appreciated x :)
    I would also really appreciate any advice for Ashurst's written exercise!

pfoapplicant

Esteemed Member
    Dec 7, 2020
    Hi all,

On the "Results" section of the A&O vac scheme application, there's the following message:
    For any qualifications you have yet to complete, please enter them here along with your expected result(s) or enter N/A if unknown.

Does this mean that, for instance, candidates who are just starting their third year at uni have to enter the third-year modules they've just started studying?

@Jessica Booker

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi all,

On the "Results" section of the A&O vac scheme application, there's the following message:
    For any qualifications you have yet to complete, please enter them here along with your expected result(s) or enter N/A if unknown.

Does this mean that, for instance, candidates who are just starting their third year at uni have to enter the third-year modules they've just started studying?

@Jessica Booker
    I would assume this is for complete qualifications rather than individual modules.

• Love
    Reactions: pfoapplicant

pfoapplicant

Esteemed Member
    Dec 7, 2020
    I would assume this is for complete qualifications rather than individual modules.
    Thanks so much for your reply! Just to follow up, with the question titled "Why do you want to become a commercial lawyer at A&O and what do you think are the key skills and qualities required for success? (250 words)", do you think the bold part is basically asking both "why commercial law" and "why A&O", whilst the italicised part is merely asking what skills/qualities A&O lawyers need (and not necessarily asking candidates to give examples of them having these very skills - although I suppose that's one way of linking the two parts of the question together)?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Thanks so much for your reply! Just to follow up, with the question titled "Why do you want to become a commercial lawyer at A&O and what do you think are the key skills and qualities required for success? (250 words)", do you think the bold part is basically asking both "why commercial law" and "why A&O", whilst the italicised part is merely asking what skills/qualities A&O lawyers need (and not necessarily asking candidates to give examples of them having these very skills - although I suppose that's one way of linking the two parts of the question together)?
    This is exactly how I infer the questions and the advice I give people in approaching this question.

Reactions: pfoapplicant
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.