Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@Jessica Booker might have a view on this - what should Cara do?
My advice is:
  • See if either firm has any flexibility with their vacation scheme dates - can they move you to a different scheme or are they happy with you only doing part of the scheme (assuming they overlap and not completely clash)
  • If not, ask whether either firm can consider you for a direct TC instead
Ultimately if there is not a compromise to do vacation schemes with both firms, then Cara can either go ahead with the offer she has already accepted, or renege the offer to accept the one she would prefer.

Cara123678

Feb 3, 2023
My advice is:
  • See if either firm has any flexibility with their vacation scheme dates - can they move you to a different scheme or are they happy with you only doing part of the scheme (assuming they overlap and not completely clash)
  • If not, ask whether either firm can consider you for a direct TC instead
Ultimately if there is not a compromise to do vacation schemes with both firms, then Cara can either go ahead with the offer she has already accepted, or renege the offer to accept the one she would prefer.
Hi Jessica, thanks this is really helpful!

sdsou

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
Jul 31, 2021
has anyone heard back from mayer brown post sitting the trainee simulation test? btw did mine on 4 March (this is for spring vac)
not yet, i had emailed them and they let me know they're still reviewing and will get back by the end of March latest because of the high number of apps this year

Lawstudent52

Standard Member
Jan 31, 2023
hi @Jessica Booker would you be able to give me some advice please. What would you recommend someone do if, after being offered an interview for a TC at one office, you now prefer another office location? Would you recommend sharing this with the firm before the interview or after? Or would you recommend not at all? Thank you so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.