Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
If since applying to a firm I have secured two periods of legal work experience over the summer should I let their graduate recruitment know? Will it be worth it as it could add something to my application?
I would only do this as and when you are being invited to the next stage of the process.

Reactions: kmo20

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
hi @Jessica Booker and anyone else who may be able to help, I've never had to fill out information for a background check before so I'm not sure but are we expected to fill out every single thing from our CV on there or just the main employment/ experiences? e.g. would it be bad if I left out a couple of old volunteering experiences or even open days?
Have you had the background check company contact you yet?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
yes, it's with Vero screening
I would check the instructions carefully - they are likely to explain the specifics of what you need.

Open days are not employment though, and so are unlikely to be required to be confirmed. It is usually just employment Vero asks for.

Reactions: rosec

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Does anyone have any idea about how late/compulsory social activities are during VS? My commute into the office is about an hour daily, so I am a little hesitant about socials if they run late and I have to commute far alone in the dark, worrying about safety. It is not going to go against you if you have to leave socials early/not attend due to the commute? I'm sure recruitment would get it... but don't want to look flakey, but at the same time want to ensure I'm taking into account my safety. Thanks!
This is fine and completely understood. I would try to attend where you can and just leave at an appropriate time. Many firms will allow you to expense a taxi back from the train station is it is particularly late.

Reactions: tulaie

CLD

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2022
Same. AC in Feb and haven’t heard anything. They said they’d get the “outcomes” out by end of March but I guess they’re late on their deadli

Same. AC in Feb and haven’t heard anything. They said they’d get the “outcomes” out by end of March but I guess they’re late on their deadline…
They're Spring VS just finished on Friday, so hopefully we'll hear this week! Best of luck :)

Reactions: Hal9000

rayemuse

Distinguished Member
  • Jan 23, 2022
    If an application says it has been successfully submitted, even if it's a few minutes past the deadline, would the application be accepted? The portal accepted the application and I got an email confirming the application was submitted.

[I didn't know about British Summer Time since I live abroad, so I misjudged the timezones and the deadline and submitted a few minutes late :( ]
    Probably fine? Not sure what your firm is so can’t say for certain, but I’ve done it bfr once by accident and it was still accepted.

Reactions: IT7

N_16

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Nov 11, 2022
    hi @Jessica Booker and anyone else who may be able to help, I've never had to fill out information for a background check before so I'm not sure but are we expected to fill out every single thing from our CV on there or just the main employment/ experiences? e.g. would it be bad if I left out a couple of old volunteering experiences or even open days?
    I recently completed two Vero checks and for both I outlined main work experiences in the work experience section, and then used the additional information section to note down other experiences (e.g. open days). This seems to have worked fine so far, as I guess if they want more information on these sections they can get in touch (as they have about other things).

Reactions: rosec

rosec

Esteemed Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Nov 25, 2022
    I recently completed two Vero checks and for both I outlined main work experiences in the work experience section, and then used the additional information section to note down other experiences (e.g. open days). This seems to have worked fine so far, as I guess if they want more information on these sections they can get in touch (as they have about other things).
    Thanks, this is really helpful!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.