TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

RANDOTRON

Esteemed Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Oct 11, 2021
    I would like to learn more about private equity. Can anyone recommend any resources?
    I can recommend sources in addition to those posted by previous repliers, but it depends on how much you want to learn about private equity. Are you looking to develop a general understanding of the subject area or dive into the in-depth practical aspects of the subject?

lik0401

Legendary Member
  • Oct 30, 2022
    Does anyone know when replies might come from Sidley Austin & Travers Smith re Winter Vac Scheme or from Slaughter & May about the Winter Workshop? Or has anyone got any correspondence back re any of them yet? If anyone applied last year when did you hear back?

average_jo123

Esteemed Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 11, 2021
    still waiting too :(( applied on the 16th (deadline if i remember correctly) so was not super hopeful :( when did you apply if you dont mind me asking?
    nooo :( anyone still waiting?
    Hi I think they might still be sending out a final few VI invites so don't be disheartened!

I applied for the WVS on 15/10/22 (one day before the deadline) and only got my VI invite yesterday 01/11/22 - however they gave me a really short deadline to complete the VI (2 days). Whereas when I applied for their direct TC last cycle and they gave me a 5-day deadline to complete the VI. So I think they might still be sending out a final few VIs but just getting candidates to complete it as soon as possible so they can review maybe in the next week or so.

Reactions: Eileen

edenA

Oct 6, 2022
    Just to check, anyone else doing the BCLP questions, is the word limit per question 200 or 500, for some reason, I had 200 written down, but have gone on to submit my answers and can see the word count at 500 per answer. I'm confused as I have no clue where I got this 200 from, just after some reassurance haha!

sxw517

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    Just to check, anyone else doing the BCLP questions, is the word limit per question 200 or 500, for some reason, I had 200 written down, but have gone on to submit my answers and can see the word count at 500 per answer. I'm confused as I have no clue where I got this 200 from, just after some reassurance haha!
    500 I think, well it is on Direct TC app, may be diff on VS.

confusedlawstudent

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • Oct 28, 2021
    For the question "Introduce us to a topic you know about and explain why it interests you?" could I write about a film?
    I really want to write about the film 'Heathers' since I could literally talk about it for hours, but I don't know if it is what they are looking for. It is also a bit of a dark and controversial film so don't want to give off the wrong impression.
    If I can't write about the film, I would probably write about chess or chessbots.

What do you think is best? The film or chess or chessbots?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Is it worth applying to Bristows if I have a science degree but only to masters level? Or if you have a science degree, do Bristows generally prefer PhDs? Thanks
    Lots of their trainees do not even have a science background, so I am sure there would be no issue with a Masters level Science degree.

Bkat

Standard Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Feb 9, 2022
    Just received a PFO for Clyde WVS - the email is a bit confusing though, can someone explain what this might mean:

Thank you for submitting your application and completing your online assessment for Clyde & Co's Winter Vacation Scheme.

Unfortunately, after reviewing your application, you did not meet the threshold to be invited to the assessment centre.

However, we remain impressed by your application and would like to keep your details on record for future vacancies.

Is this just them trying to be nice in their rejection or are they genuinely ‘impressed’ by my application. Confused.

lik0401

Legendary Member
  • Oct 30, 2022
    Still waiting but they started inviting people to interviews yesterday (by phone) so I don’t know if it’s too late now and rejections will come through
    Am still waiting to hear back - do people think it would be appropriate to send an email asking when replies will come out? Or is it better to just wait? Becoming quite nervous as people have started to get calls!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.