TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmakaWrites

Jul 28, 2022
For the question “In no more than 100 words please tell us about any awards, scholarships or prizes you have been given”, how much should we talk about each prize/award? I have 3 that I think I can mention (mostly from sixth form), however, it will not fill 100 words if I just state the prizes. Thanks
Maybe elaborate by explaining what you did to be awarded the prizes. I like to use the CAR structure for awards and achievements!

traineedreamer

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Oct 23, 2019
Long shot but did anybody attend CMS' Virtual Event Series session on Commercial Awareness & The Client? I wrote down the name of an Associate (John) but forgot to write his surname. I don't suppose there's anyone who attended that wrote it down? Unfortunately it's the only session they haven't uploaded to YouTube.

Ghassen

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 24, 2022
I applied on the 7th… only a day before the 8th but hey. The email basically says if you apply before the 7th you have 5 days from the date of receipt of the test link to complete it. If you submitted your application on the 7th or 8th you have only until 23:59 on the 11th to complete it because that is the final deadline for all applicants. If you applied on the 7th or 8th you have less time to sit the test.

Just to be clear, the deadline to sit the test was yesterday at 23:59. If you have not sat it yet, it’s unfortunately too late.I

I applied on the 7th… only a day before the 8th but hey. The email basically says if you apply before the 7th you have 5 days from the date of receipt of the test link to complete it. If you submitted your application on the 7th or 8th you have only until 23:59 on the 11th to complete it because that is the final deadline for all applicants. If you applied on the 7th or 8th you have less time to sit the test.

Just to be clear, the deadline to sit the test was yesterday at 23:59. If you have not sat it yet, it’s unfortunately too late.
I had the same situation, as I submitted the app on the 8th and received the test link on the 11th asking me to complete it within 5 days. However, it says also that I have to submit the test before the 12th Sunday 23:59, which is confusing (Sunday is 11th not 12th). I did complete the test 1 hour ago anyway, and received another email reminding me to do the test before Wednesday (5 days from sending the link).
The conclusion: It is not too late and she can do it today.

Reactions: F12M34L

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
Has anyone applied to Weil and would be happy to give me some tips on the Commercial awareness question? I am writing about PE funds and sports.

F12M34L

Legendary Member
  • Apr 28, 2022

Just to be clear, the deadline to sit the test was yesterday at 23:59. If you have not sat it yet, it’s unfortunately too late.
    They sent me the test around 10 pm last night, and my email says if I have applied before the 8th, I have five days to complete it. Anyhow, I have asked them for clarification.

F12M34L

Legendary Member
  • Apr 28, 2022
    I had the same situation, as I submitted the app on the 8th and received the test link on the 11th asking me to complete it within 5 days. However, it says also that I have to submit the test before the 12th Sunday 23:59, which is confusing (Sunday is 11th not 12th). I did complete the test 1 hour ago anyway, and received another email reminding me to do the test before Wednesday (5 days from sending the link).
    Exactly - pretty sure it is a technical glitch or sth

AmakaWrites

Jul 28, 2022
    That is in reference for the SPARK application. The deadline to sit the WG test for that is either 5 days after receipt or 12th of February, which is a Sunday, whichever comes first.

Is that what you applied for? If so, then yes it’s not too late in your case. For the direct training contract application, however, today is too late. Though, I’m not sure what @fabia123 applied to.

FutureLawyer99

Esteemed Member
    Premium Member
    Dec 28, 2021
    Not related to applications but I thought my question would reach a wider audience if I asked it on here. I am due to sit my first batch of LPC exams in January. Does anyone have any revision tips on how best to revise for my exams? It will be the core modules of BLP, PLP and civil and criminal litigation. Any advice and insights would be absolutely appreciated.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi, Gemma from Willkie here - this isn't necessarily correct. I review the written applications on a rolling basis, but we don't recruit on a rolling basis. Two of our application stages will not take place until after the deadline, meaning we won't make any offers at all until after the deadline. Thanks!
    This shows how the definition of “rolling recruitment” can be interpreted in different ways.

Applications can be reviewed on a rolling basis but that does not necessarily mean that people are hired on a rolling basis.

Favour

Nov 13, 2021
    Not related to applications but I thought my question would reach a wider audience if I asked it on here. I am due to sit my first batch of LPC exams in January. Does anyone have any revision tips on how best to revise for my exams? It will be the core modules of BLP, PLP and civil and criminal litigation. Any advice and insights would be absolutely appreciated.
    Legacy notes

Reactions: FutureLawyer99

F12M34L

Legendary Member
  • Apr 28, 2022
    That is in reference for the SPARK application. The deadline to sit the WG test for that is either 5 days after receipt or 12th of February, which is a Sunday, whichever comes first.

Is that what you applied for? If so, then yes it’s not too late in your case. For the direct training contract application, however, today is too late. Though, I’m not sure what @fabia123 applied to.
    Hey, I applied for the Middle East TC and they have given me time until Wednesday to complete it as they had sent the link every late.

Ghassen

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 24, 2022
    Hey, I applied for the Middle East TC and they have given me time until Wednesday to complete it as they had sent the link every late.
    Same situation. Applied for the ME TC and received the email sunday late. Also I received a reminder email today to complete it before Wednesday, and I did the the test today. So you can still do it.

B A

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 4, 2020
    Just received an NRF Spring VS Watson Glaser invite (applied on the deadline for anyone wanting to know)

Last edited:

CallumJR

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jul 16, 2020
    Has anyone received an invite to the games for PWC. I submitted my application over 2 weeks ago but still nothing.

Have you checked your online portal and your spam?
    I got the invite to the GBA straight away after applying. I am pretty sure it is automated.
    They give you 2 weeks to complete it.

If you dont find the link on your portal or the e-mail with the link, I suggest you contact them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.