TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

aniraz

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
  • Oct 14, 2022
    That's a straight up uni essay. I do think some HR/recruitment teams get carried away and forget to have basic respect for applicants' time.
    Especially for Farrer, it doesn't make sense. Why ask for a 350 word cover letter then make you answer seperate questions about transferable skills, extracurriculars, positions of responsibility and why Farrer, each being 300 words?? That's basically the four parts of a cover letter 😭

Momo

Esteemed Member
    Nov 21, 2022
    Yes! Absolutely! There were firms that I didn't get to meet in any significant way during legal fairs or events, but who I nevertheless researched thoroughly before applying. That research really came out in my written applications and got me through to the next stage. If you can show that you've researched the firm and convincingly demonstrate your interest in them, it's worth applying!
    Thank you very much, I really appreciate it.

refy

Valued Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Mar 19, 2021
    Hello! I just received an AC invite for DLA Piper but it’s in Manchester? As far as I remember I applied for the London office — I’m so confused since, apart from the location of the AC, they do not mention which office I’m applying to anywhere. Has anyone received an invite with similar information or has any insight into this?
    Hey! I did the DLA fast track AC (I did the insight scheme) for SVS a month ago and we were all assessed in Manchester, regardless of office.

WAL007

Distinguished Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jun 19, 2022
    Hi Guys I just received a email from Hogan Lovells for their spring VS and I am not sure what to make of it. I have received a email that invites me to book a slot of a interview with them but requires me to first do a test for them. I was wondering whether anyone else has received a similar email and confirm whether this has been sent as a error?

Reactions: aishaslm

Dumbledore

Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jul 15, 2022
    I got 21st percentile for Linklaters WG. Am I out of the running? Funny thing is I got 75th percentile for CC TC and passed. So strange how this test is.
    Did you apply for the vacation scheme? I only received an automated feedback report and a message that my results are being reviewed, but no mention of WG percentile.

Reactions: H7876713131
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.