TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawstudent0303

Distinguished Member
Dec 8, 2022
Merry belated Christmas everyone! I'm an international student currently holding a tier 4 student visa (expires October 2023). This is one of the questions for HL summer vs: "Do you currently have the right to work in the office location(s) you are applying to without requiring sponsorship indefinitely and without restrictions?" While my visa covers the vs, I wouldn't have the right to work indefinitely without requiring sponsorship. Should I answer yes or no to the question?

jomar

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 20, 2022
You should answer no and then tell them you have graduate route option post-degree so you can work for them during the TC.
Merry belated Christmas everyone! I'm an international student currently holding a tier 4 student visa (expires October 2023). This is one of the questions for HL summer vs: "Do you currently have the right to work in the office location(s) you are applying to without requiring sponsorship indefinitely and without restrictions?" While my visa covers the vs, I wouldn't have the right to work indefinitely without requiring sponsorship. Should I answer yes or no to the question?

Reactions: lawstudent0303
C

corplaw578

Hello all - I have been a longtime lurker and benefitted a ton from the advice given on this forum and very grateful!

I recently made it to the Gibson Dunn second stage interview and am very grateful for this opportunity. I was wondering if anyone had any tips or insights based on their past experience - would be very grateful! Thank you!

• 🏆
Reactions: sxw517 and S87

LawEnthus

Star Member
Oct 2, 2020
I have never used CVmail to submit an application before and I’m a bit confused. The application to SPB does not have a space for GCSE or A-level grades by subject. it asks whether the entry is for 14-16 or +16 exams and what UK Nation you sat them in, what years you were taking/attended the school, the name of the school and says ‘If you have any further information regarding your education at this institution that you wish to provide, or any mitigating circumstances you think we should be aware of when reviewing your application, please provide details here in the further information section’ followed by that textbox.

Do I put my grades in the last box? I don’t understand why they would ask about mitigating circs unless they care what a candidates grades are but usually an app has a designated space for grades and I don’t want to put them in the wrong place and look clueless…

futuretrainee202X

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2022
Hello all - I have been a longtime lurker and benefitted a ton from the advice given on this forum and very grateful!

I recently made it to the Gibson Dunn second stage interview and am very grateful for this opportunity. I was wondering if anyone had any tips or insights based on their past experience - would be very grateful! Thank you!
Congrats!! May I ask when you applied?

F99

Legendary Member
Dec 1, 2021
Although Baker McKenzie invited me to complete the WG test, I still haven't received the email containing the link to the test. Is this the same for anyone else?

Edit: I have checked my spam, trash etc. and it still cannot be found
Me too! I imagine it will come through after the festive period... although when are the ACs meant to be? Doesn’t give us much time to do the VIs...

Reactions: GOI983

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    For the DLA Piper application they require a CV attached to the application. I wanted to ask do I need to include a statement at the top of my CV or if can I remove that. As when I apply for paralegal roles I include a statement at the top of my CV to tell a bit more about me to recruiters.

ccfuturetraineesolicitor

Distinguished Member
    Feb 16, 2022

Hi :) well done for making it to the second stage interview!! I have my first stage interview in a couple of days and I was wondering whether you had any advice? What sort of questions did they ask you and how did you find the overall interview experience?

Reactions: corplaw578

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Does anyone know how Reed Smith use the test results? Do they combine them with your written application, or do they invite to VI just based off of the test?
    Last year they only used tests results to reject or send VI invites out. I hope that helps but don't know about this year.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.