TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

pb15

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2021
has anyone been rejected for skadden post application? been seeing a couple people get invited for TIs today and was wondering if they were handing out rejections too hahah

PirateShip

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
Feb 3, 2021
This could be super obvious, and I apologise if this is the case, but have you been using your vac scheme experience to your advantage in the apps? I was getting rejected a fair bit, but I’ve been receiving fewer rejections since making the most of my experiences from my vs last year, eg. to back up points for why law or why this firm.

Keep remembering, all we need is one TC offer :) you've had vs offers before, and you will again.

Also, have you considered direct tc applications? I am not an expert, but given you have vs experience, and you're a bit older, they might work more in your favour?
I thought I was using my experience, but perhaps not to the extent I should be. Definitely something I should consider and further work upon.

I've been applying for a mix of direct TCs and VS'. I'd much rather a direct TC, but it does seem most firms recruit mostly from their VS intake.

I appreciate the kind words. I'm mostly just feeling sorry for myself and venting, but it's nice to hear encouraging words from other people in the same situation.

• 🤝
  • 🏆
Reactions: law23, Nick03, Uvaia and 3 others

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi, I'm writing my application for Mishcon and one of the questions asks why I want to be a commercial lawyer. I'm confused because mishcon has other practice areas as well (which is what I'm actually interested in) - how do I approach this question?
@Jessica Booker
Commercial lawyer will cover a broad range of practices. Which practice area are you interested in that you think falls outside of this remit?

AL123456

Jun 23, 2021
I made such a mess of a VI I did for a Spring VC. I don't know why, I know that I prepared to the best of my ability, but when it started I just froze. It was like I just couldn't speak clearly. I didn't answer the questions correctly and I know I am getting rejected. I just don't know what to do now. Like I know how to prepare and I can do telephone interviews and other assessments, I have had plenty practice with VIs I just can't hack them :( I just feel stuck and am not sure what to do now

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.