TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sachin Chandra

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
Apr 16, 2020
What is the VI? I'm applying to Kirkland & Ellis and I would love to know...
Is it a critical thinking/reasoning test.

Also, for Watson Glaser tests as part of vac schemes what is generally the minimum pass mark to get to the next stage? I've been practicing my Watson Glaser using TCLA and JOBTESTPREP. Both very useful, I highly recommend. But I now want to know how well I need to do to get to the second round. I worry that the questions in JOBTESTPREP aren't very hard.

Anyone applying or applied to Curtis and/or Winston & Strawn??

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 26, 2022

Also, for Watson Glaser tests as part of vac schemes what is generally the minimum pass mark to get to the next stage? I've been practicing my Watson Glaser using TCLA and JOBTESTPREP. Both very useful, I highly recommend. But I now want to know how well I need to do to get to the second round. I worry that the questions in JOBTESTPREP aren't very hard.

Not familiar with K&E's process, but VI = Video Interview. It will be a series of questions, where you'll have a set amount of thinking time, and then a set amount of time to record yourself answering the question.

Reactions: Asil Ahmad

Sachin Chandra

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
Apr 16, 2020
Not familiar with K&E's process, but VI = Video Interview. It will be a series of questions, where you'll have a set amount of thinking time, and then a set amount of time to record yourself answering the question.
I see. Thank you for clearing this up. Still hope to hear from others also applying to Curtis and Winston & Strawn.

Also, does anyone know if the following firms use Watson Glaser > Milbank, Cooley, White & Case and Orrick

Thanks team

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    I kniow this has been asked so many times here. Sorry for asking this again. Baker McKenzie summer VS application deadline is the 1st January so is the deadline at 23:59 on the 1st or tomorrow night at 23:59. Thank you in advance.

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 26, 2022

Also, re JobTestPrep - I have only ever used them, and I've never failed a WG. All of the concepts are the same, even if some actual questions are slightly harder than JTP. So you'll be fine if you're doing well with JTP practice qs.

& Cooley definitely used WG last year, and Orrick use it. I think W&C go straight to video interview (ie. no WG)

Sachin Chandra

Esteemed Member
    Premium Member
    Apr 16, 2020
    Also, re JobTestPrep - I have only ever used them, and I've never failed a WG. All of the concepts are the same, even if some actual questions are slightly harder than JTP. So you'll be fine if you're doing well with JTP practice qs.

& Cooley definitely used WG last year, and Orrick use it. I think W&C go straight to video interview (ie. no WG)
    I'm happy to hear that JTP has worked well for you. It's a good website 100%. Thanks for clearing some other information up too. Good luck

• 🤝
    Reactions: HopefulFutureTrainee123

Momo

Esteemed Member
    Nov 21, 2022
    Hello everyone,
    I d like to seek clarification when answering the question “why this law firm?”. After attending a few events with some law firms, most say that we should show that we have researched the firm well enough.
    When I approach the question “why this Law firm”, i tend to focus on a practice area i enjoy and state why i enjoy it. I also mention i am drawn to the law firm because of its training and i state why. But i feel when i mention the practice area or training aspect, it does not show that i have researched the firm well enough since these are points that can be found perhaps on their website or legal 500 or legal cheek even. Is there any advice on how i can show i have researched the firm well enough when approaching the “why this Law firm” question? Thanks a lot i appreciate it. if @Jessica Booker can add on some insights, i d also appreciate this very much. Thanks in advance!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.