Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Is it too late to apply to Mishcon considering they are rolling and the deadline is friday?
I don't think it's ever too late to apply. Rolling recruitment is often not done to give preference to candidates who apply early, it is just done for the recruiter to manage the screening process.

And if you got your application in today/tomorrow, I suspect you'd still be ahead of a good 200+ candidates.

WindowsUpdate

• Sep 28, 2022
    I bet you can apply for the vacation scheme and then attend the event on the 9th.
    Thanks for the reply @Jessica Booker. I should've mentioned that I've been already accepted for the insight evening. Also, the event is on the 13th, not 9th, I've corrected the post. I was mainly wondering, since the VS deadline is a week before the insight evening, doesn't that kind of make the event somewhat reduntant for those doing the VS route?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Thanks for the reply @Jessica Booker. I should've mentioned that I've been already accepted for the insight evening. Also, the event is on the 13th, not 9th, I've corrected the post. I was mainly wondering, since the VS deadline is a week before the insight evening, doesn't that kind of make the event somewhat reduntant for those doing the VS route?
    I don't think it would be redundant - you'd find out a whole load of stuff to help out with the latter stages of the recruitment process which would be after the 13th anyway.

Reactions: WindowsUpdate

AvniD

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 25, 2021
    Hello! I am new to this process of applying for vacation schemes, but attempting to give it a shot anyway. I am a bit confused about the questions below for Hogan Lovells.

Is the applicant expected to tailor each of these responses to the law firm and link it back to why one is applying to HL particularly / skills required for application? Or should it focus on the competencies and skills an applicant has derived from these experiences?

View attachment 4617

and

View attachment 4618

Thank you, and would greatly appreciate any guidance! @Jessica Booker @AvniD perhaps?
    Kudos on being brave enough to attempt to make an application despite being new to the process! 👏

You don't have to link it back to the firm but you definitely could. What I mean by this is that an answer that talks the reader through when you had to raise your game or display entrepreneurial spirit alone would be good enough on its own, but if you did want to link it back to the firm, one of the most appropriate ways to do it would be by highlighting how useful you possessing these attributes would be ➡️ to contribute to/maintain the firm's values/ethos. Does this make sense?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.