TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

law23

Distinguished Member
  • Jan 23, 2022
    Does anyone know of any resources to practice case study elements of an AC? I feel like other than general commercial awareness I don't really know how to prepare for it

RB2022

Valued Member
    Sep 28, 2022
    Is it safe to assume PFO from freshfields at this point if I haven’t heard back?
    I haven't heard back either. My gut tells me it's a PFO; I wish they would just send it already rather than dragging it out. My application status still says 'in progress' as if they haven't seen it yet, which is very annoying. Can I ask when you applied?

Reactions: axbg

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    But they have found that they have a higher chance because they are the ones letting them in right?
    They have found that information out restrospectively, not because they are actively thinking "we should give this person three times more chance than the next candidate".

It is correlation that is creating this, not a direct policy that "lets" candidates have a stronger chance.

CorpLawyer00

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Aug 8, 2022
    I haven't heard back either. My gut tells me it's a PFO; I wish they would just send it already rather than dragging it out. My application status still says 'in progress' as if they haven't seen it yet, which is very annoying. Can I ask when you applied?
    I applied to FF on the deadline or day before and I am in the same position. I’m pretty sure it’ll be a PFO but I agree, wish they’d just send them ahahaha

Reactions: FF

NXWLLB

Gold Member
    Premium Member
    May 4, 2020
    Hi everyone,

How do I demonstrate my potential as a trainee in Clyde & Co's video assessment? I feel so nervous because its is my first interview. I have gotten tips like research the firm and give eye contact but I still feel a little inadequate. Please help, I don't know what to expect

jnice

Distinguished Member
    Nov 19, 2020
    Does anyone know if you can request your WG score from DLA
    They won’t provide you with your score. I emailed them and this was their response:

It is our policy not to reveal scores as they need to be understood in terms of the norm group we use which is different to other law firms and also it is a percentile rather than a raw score or percentage.

Reactions: Uvaia and hanz123

hanz123

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 16, 2022
    Hi everyone,

How do I demonstrate my potential as a trainee in Clyde & Co's video assessment? I feel so nervous because its is my first interview. I have gotten tips like research the firm and give eye contact but I still feel a little inadequate. Please help, I don't know what to expect
    Same here

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.