TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 24543

Anyone got any advice on the tests for EY Law Graduate program application? is the numerical reasoning hard/ extremely maths based?
I don't know if it's the same as for the EY Law Summer Internship, but there wasn't any numerical test for me at all? It was a typical law-type situational judgement test!

j.s.cox

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 29, 2022
    Does anyone know if Vinson & Elkins have a VI? Or what the next stage is after submitting the application?
    It's a VI. Prepare for a question asking how your friends would describe you and the classic 'why law?' and 'why V&E' questions.

ETA: There is no time limit for preparation and you can re-record as many times as you like. This was not a good thing for me as I ended up spending 3 hours on something that should have taken about 30 minutes max (although I did get through to the next stage).

j.s.cox

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 29, 2022
    Just saw this on LinkedIn and thought it could be helpful to share here as well. Thanks @Paul - Shearman & Sterling for the tips!

Students – do you get nervous about law firm #interviews?

Well, did you know that ChatGPT can help?

If you want a quick and easily accessible mock interview, type this prompt into ChatGPT and take it from there:

"𝗖𝗮𝗻 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗰𝘁 𝗮𝘀 𝗮𝗻 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝘃𝗶𝗲𝘄𝗲𝗿 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗜 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗯𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝘃𝗶𝗲𝘄𝗲𝗲. 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗲 𝗜 𝗮𝗺 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝘃𝗶𝗲𝘄𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗶𝘀 𝗮 𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗶𝗻𝗲𝗲 𝘀𝗼𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗶𝘁𝗼𝗿 𝗮𝘁 𝗮 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗺𝗲𝗿𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝗹𝗮𝘄 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗺 𝗶𝗻 𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗱𝗼𝗻."

Tip: If you want to make it more realistic, you could use some 'speech-to-text' software and answer the questions out loud.

#ShearmanStudentInsights #trainingcontract

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.