TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

sxw517

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    How does one get around requesting time off for a Spring Vac scheme when they will only be weeks into a role? I did mention the need for time off in the interview due to a fictitious skiing holiday.

However, I am now slightly apprehensive of the fact that I could be asked about said ski holiday upon returning to the job (and I am awful at lying).

How have people approached this before?

p.s. the role isn't in law, so I doubt they would be very understanding

Narince

Distinguished Member
    Nov 8, 2022
    hi @Jessica Booker I had a question regarding references. I have provided professional and academic references for some of my apps but since then my professional reference said he is too busy to give them in the new year. I have someone else happy to do it instead, am I ok to email grad recruitment for this and ask them to amend that in my application? thanks in advance for your help!

thelastshah

Premium Member
    Oct 7, 2022
    Has anyone that has gone through the CMS AC tell me what exactly the 10 minute presentation on the case study for the partner needs to encompass? Do they give you questions beforehand that you need to address in the presentation?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    hi @Jessica Booker I had a question regarding references. I have provided professional and academic references for some of my apps but since then my professional reference said he is too busy to give them in the new year. I have someone else happy to do it instead, am I ok to email grad recruitment for this and ask them to amend that in my application? thanks in advance for your help!
    You can send the additional details through - they may not be able to add/amend your application, but there is no harm in advising them of the change in referee details.

Reactions: Narince

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hey guys, just wondering if Freshfields offers people the vacation scheme on a rolling basis? I feel abit overwhelmed about having two ACs back to back on the 26th and the other firm can't seem to reschedule the AC, but Freshfields is willing to. Would doing it at a later date affect my chances of getting an offer in any way and is there a "rolling basis" element where spots get filled up as the weeks go by? @Jessica Booker I need your advice on this if it's possible!
    I don't think this will be an issue - they have a lot of vac schemes to fill and will have some flex to increase numbers if they really wanted to offer people. It sounds like you are only talking about a week or so's difference and I suspect they will still be interviewing beyond when you do book in.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.