TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

hopefullawyer123

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 25, 2020
Absolutely bombed my Latham Summer VI. Rambled incoherently on one question (only managed to summarise what I was actually trying to say in the last 10 seconds) and didn't really address the nuances of another, flubbed my last point on a question that was very easily prepared for. RIP

I feel this way about a VI I did today. Only had 2 questions to answer under time pressure and during the second one I completely lost my trail of thought, the pressure got to me. The first question went well but the second a distaster.

i’ve already accepted my rejection as I know VI’s are heavily scrutinised - hard now to feel deflated when you prepared so much

• 🤝
Reactions: average_jo123

CorpLawyer00

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Aug 8, 2022
CMS AC invite! Really thought I messed up my VI by not fully answering a question and having to fit the answer I missed into the next question. I'm never that confident with VIs so I'm really surprised! Hope this week brings good news for others too :)
Hahahah I guess it shows initiative! When did you do the VI?

CorpLawyer00

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Aug 8, 2022
Am I the only one who's barely heard back from firms? DLA, V&E, K&E, Morrisons Foersters, Davis Polk, Shearman, Baker, Gibson and more, I've heard nada! Aside from BM WG
I think DP will PFO you because their interviews are all this week. Have not heard from any of the others u mentioned except baker and I applied to all except shesrman. K&E also sent a VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.