Status
Not open for further replies.

Shi

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 26, 2022
Hi

Has anyone heard anything from Linklaters for London Direct TC?

I was wondering if they would be getting to them soon as they are running vac scheme ACs now.
I think they are only doing ACs for those candidates who got fast-tracked on the open days. I applied for the Spring VS but haven't heard from them

Reactions: F99 and Sarah T

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 26, 2022
Unless you are at a final interview stage, everything is likely to be via email. If it is that you are waiting for an outcome from a final interview, they will likely email you as well as call.
I was a bit shocked when it happened, but Taylor Wessing do communicate AC invites via phone call! They said they'll email everyone too though.

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 26, 2022
I stuttered and made some slight mistakes, before quickly correcting myself in an interview today :’(

Are firms understanding of nerves or would they see this as a weakness? @Jessica Booker I don’t usually stutter but this was my first interview (unfortunately for a firm I really wanted to work for)
I had a similar thing happen to me before and I passed the stage. As long as you correct yourself and don't panic/say "I can't continue" etc, then I'm pretty sure they'll be lenient about it (unless it was literally every word of every answer for interview question!). Hoping for a good outcome for you :)

Reactions: valiberti

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 26, 2022
anyone else feeling quite stressed about this whole process? most of my firms haven’t gotten back to me yet, and it’s really challenging to fight the urge to consistently check emails/email graduate recruitment. obviously my main priority is my degree, but it’s definitely terrifying to consider what happens if i do not secure a vacation scheme and convert it into a training contract.
I'm not sure if the mention of converting a VS to a TC is a separate worry, but if so, I thought I'd mention this. I failed to convert my VS into a TC in the summer just gone; I had my heart set on commercial law and the firm, had amazing feedback from my VS, really enjoyed the work, but was ultimately not offered the TC for reasons beyond my control. At the time, this felt like the end of the world.

However, since then, I have been given so many amazing non-legal opportunities, which have been super enjoyable and have also massively improved my knowledge of economics and my ability to apply it to all sorts of situations (including legal!). I have also found law firms that could fit me even better, so I've applied to those and have got through to the latter stages of the process with 2 ACs coming up.

All this is to say that not converting a VS to TC, or even not getting a VS this year, is not the end of the world. Accept every opportunity that comes your way, even if it's a non-legal placement or experience. This will ultimately make you a better lawyer when the time comes :) Best of luck with everything! (And of course, I really hope you do get a VS and convert it into a TC this year!!).

CorpLawyer00

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Aug 8, 2022
Can they offer you a virtual AC? Congrats btw!
yeaha only thing is its on the day im travelling and tbh I would much rather take the opportunitiy to go to the offices, even if I dont get it I think itll be a good experience - literally all my interviews have been virtual and its boring af. Ive contacted them tho

• 🤝
Reactions: HopefulFutureTrainee123
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.