TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

futuretrainee202X

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2022
Hi! Was wondering - when did you apply, and when did they send you the test? Thank you
I applied on the 19th and have not yet received a test... Am wondering if I need to follow up after the deadline on the 31st haha. Although it gives me more time to practice their verbal reasoning test so no news is good news 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Phoebe123451

Phoebe123451

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Aug 19, 2022
    I applied on the 19th and have not yet received a test... Am wondering if I need to follow up after the deadline on the 31st haha. Although it gives me more time to practice their verbal reasoning test so no news is good news 🤣
    hahaha good thinking, I applied on the 24th and have had my fingers crossed since then 😂 😂 may have to follow up as well

lawstudent22

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 14, 2022
    When I applied it was nearly two weeks before I got sent the tests!

• ℹ️
    Reactions: futuretrainee202X

11dunnr

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Dec 30, 2022
    I have a last minute question about my Farrer application. They ask you to write a cover letter as well as answering 5 300 word questions. I've written the questions and my answers already cover everything I would write in the cover letter (Why Farrer, why law, your skills etc.) Would I be okay to repeat ideas or do you think the cover letter and answers are assessed together?

lawyering

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Oct 29, 2020
    I have a last minute question about my Farrer application. They ask you to write a cover letter as well as answering 5 300 word questions. I've written the questions and my answers already cover everything I would write in the cover letter (Why Farrer, why law, your skills etc.) Would I be okay to repeat ideas or do you think the cover letter and answers are assessed together?
    Think this post might help as it’s a similar issue https://www.thecorporatelawacademy....ns-discussion-thread-2022-23.5995/post-132619

• Love
    Reactions: 11dunnr

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I’d avoid repetition.

This post advises on the situation for another firm with a very similar application format:

• Love
    Reactions: 11dunnr
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.