TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

tofu

Premium Member
Dec 19, 2022
Hi, I received a AC invite from Bakers yesterday night for this Tuesday. It was really unexpected as my VI went terribly and it is so soon that I am really nervous. If anyone has any advice/ experience with Bakers please share message me!
congrats!! may i know whether this was for the spring scheme? am still waiting post-VI :( all the best for your AC!!

billyonthespeeddial

Jan 21, 2023
If it was early or mid-January, I would contact them and ask when you should expect to hear back.
Hi, I'm in a similar situation re Freshfields. Would there be any possible benefit from asking when we could expect to hear back? e.g. could they realistically have forgotten to send feedback/make an offer? My thinking was simply that they were making offers to others while keeping us on hold to see if they could fill up the places with their first choices.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi, I'm in a similar situation re Freshfields. Would there be any possible benefit from asking when we could expect to hear back? e.g. could they realistically have forgotten to send feedback/make an offer? My thinking was simply that they were making offers to others while keeping us on hold to see if they could fill up the places with their first choices.
Unlikely to have been forgotten about whether successful or not, but at least might get clarity on when you will hear back.

Reactions: billyonthespeeddial

rayemuse

Distinguished Member
  • Jan 23, 2022
    Just did the half assessment day with Freshfields in Jan but they still haven't got back to me. They said it could take a couple weeks but now I am nervous.

I recently got a rejection from Hogan Lovells after taking part in their assessment centre so my confidence is pretty low now.
    Hey, Congrats on getting two ACs though, that’s amazing!
    As for Freshfields, if they don’t get back to you definitely email them. Last year they basically ghosted me for a month and only responded after I emailed them asking abt the outcome of the AC 🙃

Reactions: divaination
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.