TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

laby201

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2021
I've been rejected from a number of firms and it's left me feeling very demotivated and unsure about what to do next year (I'm a final year undergraduate).

I know training contract applications are still open, would these be worth applying to or are you at a significant disadvantage if trying to apply for a TC without a VS? Surely doesn't bode well if I'm unable to get a VS when applying for a TC either.

• 🤝
Reactions: Sarah T
D

daisy_yawn

I've been rejected from a number of firms and it's left me feeling very demotivated and unsure about what to do next year (I'm a final year undergraduate).

I know training contract applications are still open, would these be worth applying to or are you at a significant disadvantage if trying to apply for a TC without a VS? Surely doesn't bode well if I'm unable to get a VS when applying for a TC either.
You can still apply for VS's after you graduate!! It would definitely be better to apply for direct TCs with some commercial law experience so I'd say keep going for VSs!

Reactions: Sunshinepink

Phoebe123451

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Aug 19, 2022
    Hello all! Have a Latham AC coming up next week and it's my second one, so I am kinda nervous. If anyone has any any tips about the presentation/written exercise/AC as a whole, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks so much in advance.
    Hey was wondering when you heard back, and if you applied for spring or summer?

prospectiveswitcher

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Aug 18, 2022
    Applied to HL TC direct very close to the deadline (a day or so before.) Haven't heard back anything yet but saw a few people got rejections today. I think they said they do rolling applications - should I take it as a given that I am out of the running?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.