TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elsa3.1415

Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 14, 2021
also for those who have done the mayer brown tests - for the reasoning one, I received 'average' in literally every category? I'm assuming there's a 'high average' echelon, so does anyone have experience with how they decide who gets to progress? Especially with the lack of app questions, I'm worried I'm going to be unpalatably average 😭
On that subject, I was also curious as to how the results would be used in the recruitment process. I had 2 below average and 3 average, which makes sense since English is not my first language. I wish they would take that into account… but I don't think the question was asked anywhere, so oh well :/

Reactions: newtothis

Phoebe123451

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Aug 19, 2022
    On that subject, I was also curious as to how the results would be used in the recruitment process. I had 2 below average and 3 average, which makes sense since English is not my first language. I wish they would take that into account… but I don't think the question was asked anywhere, so oh well :/
    Ahhh I hadn't even thought of that - maybe try emailing grad rec to point this out? Tbh, I really don't understand their system at all. Fingers crossed for us both:)

AlCapone

Star Member
    Jan 23, 2023
    Urgent - (genuinely asking for a friend) - They have missed a video interview invite (think it’s AI) in their junk folder that had to be submitted by midnight last night. Is it better to just do it and submit or email them telling them whats happened and why you’re submitting a day late???

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I'll be honest about this, having English as a second language will not be something taken into consideration given the role you are doing needs fluency in English.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Urgent - (genuinely asking for a friend) - They have missed a video interview invite (think it’s AI) in their junk folder that had to be submitted by midnight last night. Is it better to just do it and submit or email them telling them whats happened and why you’re submitting a day late???
    If they can still do it, submit it and then email to say the email went through to junk mail filters and was picked up late.

Lucy Ryan

Sep 27, 2022
    Does anyone know if the Gateley interactive assessment is timed? I know it says you can do it in more than one sitting (although not advised) - but are the different pysc tests / video interview timed?

average_jo123

Esteemed Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 11, 2021
    Has anyone heard back from Weil for their spring VS post-AC?

✅ - heard back with offer for spring VS post-AC
    ❌ - rejected from spring VS post-AC
    👍 - completed video interview, have not been invited to AC
    👎 - PFO post-video interview or PFO post-application form

For context this was my application timeline:
    Application deadline - 10/01/23
    I applied - 06/01/23
    Received VI invite - 09/01/23
    Completed VI - 13/01/23
    Invited to AC - 19/01/23
    Attended AC - 24/01/23

Update: I just heard back from Weil with a PFO :(

Fingers crossed for anyone still waiting to hear back!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.