TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harrison.jm

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2022
Whoever was talking about the "Bullshit" jobs theory, it's important to note the author is a career academic and anarchist. Yes, the book is great to read, but it's flawed. If the work of corporate lawyers is worthless, then so is the work of management consultants, IB analysts and other high-profile white-collar jobs. Having experienced both, its either pushing paper or pushing PowerPoint just comes down to whether your vibe is Word, Powerpoint or Excel ;)

mandamasochist

Standard Member
Jan 15, 2023
Anyone know if there are still two Osborne Clarke assessment centres? Did one yesterday and there was a welcome video saying that it was the last stage, but my mates who had it last year said there were two ACs. Any help would be appreciated.

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 26, 2022
Turns out ACs and I really do not get along :( I've had two this week and honestly both could not have gone any worse! I feel so upset and annoyed at myself as I'm wasting these amazing opportunities by waffling, using too many filler words, and taking longer than normal to come up with answers.

I have one final AC attempt this cycle, and I am desperate to make it work. I would appreciate absolutely any advice.

sxw517

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    Moving on to putting in direct TC applications at the moment and was unsure as to where to apply owing to the stage we are at in the recruiting cycle.

Interested in American commercial firms in London.

Anyone got any recommendations?

Paul Hastings, Fried Frank, Morgan Lewis

All have direct TC routes still open

• 🤝
    Reactions: Estupiña Colada

lovelaw223

Star Member
    Dec 15, 2022
    Anyone know if there are still two Osborne Clarke assessment centres? Did one yesterday and there was a welcome video saying that it was the last stage, but my mates who had it last year said there were two ACs. Any help would be appreciated.
    Yeah there are. I think yday must have been the last day of first stage ACs. The welcome video said it was the final stage but it was wrong

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.