Status
Not open for further replies.

11dunnr

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Dec 30, 2022
Hi guys
Has anyone completed Trowers & Hamlins test ?
If yes, what is it like and how we can prepare for that ?

thanks
I've completed it! I don't think you can prepare much, its a mixture of number patterns and vocab questions and is way less tricky/specific that the WG. I also found I was less pushed for time than on the practice one that is available.

random23448

Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 30, 2022
The Gateley assessment just felt like a maths test. So, instant PFO for me

Also, does anyone else find it so difficult to do SJTs because the answers are all similar to each other?
Do you know any if there any practice tests for Gateley on their website or anything similar to the test? Also, what type of maths questions did they ask?

Highnumberofapplicants

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Aug 18, 2021
    If I am supposed to give a 10 minute presentation at an AC, do you think the assessors will mind if I go over a minute or two?
    Learnt it the hard way. The answer is yes. Time management and structure is key in these presentations so I would always recommend presenting within the ten minutes.

Law Student

Distinguished Member
    Dec 20, 2022
    Do you know any if there any practice tests for Gateley on their website or anything similar to the test? Also, what type of maths questions did they ask?
    Not that I’m aware of but the test is untimed so you can spend your time on any questions you are struggling with

The maths questions are probably basic maths like working out percentages but I’m not good at maths so I found it hard 😂

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 26, 2022
    Learnt it the hard way. The answer is yes. Time management and structure is key in these presentations so I would always recommend presenting within the ten minutes.
    Similar question - does it matter if an interview runs over? Are we, as the candidates, supposed to be the ones to ensure it ends on time? (had one recently run over by 15 minutes :/ )

Law Student

Distinguished Member
    Dec 20, 2022
    In SJTs, some questions have a scale that we drag along and stop on where our answer is. Does it matter where in the scale we have specifically dragged too? Or does it only matter which side of the scale we are closest to? I hope that makes sense

sxw517

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    Similar question - does it matter if an interview runs over? Are we, as the candidates, supposed to be the ones to ensure it ends on time? (had one recently run over by 15 minutes :/ )
    I don't think it would be looked on very favourably at all if you were to remind an interviewer of the time, or suggest bringing it to a close. I have no experience working in HR/interviewing but my instincts tell me that if you did such a thing you probably wouldn't hear back!

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 26, 2022
    I don't think it would be looked on very favourably at all if you were to remind an interviewer of the time, or suggest bringing it to a close. I have no experience working in HR/interviewing but my instincts tell me that if you did such a thing you probably wouldn't hear back!
    Ah that makes me feel better :) @Jessica Booker just checking I likely wouldn't be penalised for letting an interview go over time? Given time management is a crucial skill for a trainee?

gabynosaure

Star Member
  • Aug 27, 2022
    In SJTs, some questions have a scale that we drag along and stop on where our answer is. Does it matter where in the scale we have specifically dragged too? Or does it only matter which side of the scale we are closest to? I hope that makes sense
    I don't know for sure, but I would tend to say it does matter, otherwise I guess they wouldn't have given you the possibility to drag it at different points

Reactions: Law Student
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.