TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highnumberofapplicants

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Aug 18, 2021
    Similar question - does it matter if an interview runs over? Are we, as the candidates, supposed to be the ones to ensure it ends on time? (had one recently run over by 15 minutes :/ )
    Usually your time management skills are assessed on the basis of your answers. If the interview is say 30 minutes and 27 minutes in you start an answer which goes on for five-six minutes, obviously not great. But if the interviewer is asking questions and engaging with you beyond the time, I don’t think they will ever penalise you

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 26, 2022
    Usually your time management skills are assessed on the basis of your answers. If the interview is say 30 minutes and 27 minutes in you start an answer which goes on for five-six minutes, obviously not great. But if the interviewer is asking questions and engaging with you beyond the time, I don’t think they will ever penalise you
    Thank you - I hope you're right in my case! They kept starting new questions after the hour was up, so I hope that's on them? It's hard to know how long to spend on answers if they don't give you a number of questions at the start of an interview, if ygm

11dunnr

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Dec 30, 2022
    • Love
    Reactions: Bubbles

candyfloss4534

Oct 21, 2022
    Thank you! Do you know how long it takes to receive these next steps, and how long we have to prepare for them? Wondering when to start prepping lol
    For me it took about 5 days to receive the link, but you have unlimited time to prepare for the vi questions (ie you see the questions and only click the 'begin recording' button when you're ready, hope that helps :))

• 🤝
    Reactions: Phoebe123451 and Asil Ahmad

LJ

Distinguished Member
    Oct 17, 2022
    Thank you - I hope you're right in my case! They kept starting new questions after the hour was up, so I hope that's on them? It's hard to know how long to spend on answers if they don't give you a number of questions at the start of an interview, if ygm
    There is no way that you would be marked down for an interview lasting longer than anticipated when they are leading the interview. It would be awkward/ kind of rude if you were checking your watch every minute haha. I've never had any concept of time in interviews, either overall or to individual questions. Just go with the flow and dont stress minor details like that :)

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Similar question - does it matter if an interview runs over? Are we, as the candidates, supposed to be the ones to ensure it ends on time? (had one recently run over by 15 minutes :/ )
    No - that’s your interviewer’s job. It’s up to them to determine when it will finish.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.