TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotLord Denning

Esteemed Member
Dec 18, 2020
They’re not - I’m still waiting to hear back too and I spoke with Graduate Recruitment who said they’re still reviewing applications and that they running ACs on a needs basis (I.e. if they review enough successful applications, they’ll arrange another AC). Hope that helps :)
I got an email saying that they had concluded everything though? I'm assuming they've had at least 50+ people attending this pre-17 Jan round of ACs and their Summer VS only seems to have a max of 20 places so I'm not sure if they would still bother to review people unless 40+ people from this round were so far off the mark that they need to top up numbers

alexchristos

Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 19, 2022
I got an email saying that they had concluded everything though? I'm assuming they've had at least 50+ people attending this pre-17 Jan round of ACs and their Summer VS only seems to have a max of 20 places so I'm not sure if they would still bother to review people unless 40+ people from this round were so far off the mark that they need to top up numbers
Oh that’s so strange - I guess either way we’ll at least all know by Friday🤷‍♂️

• 🤝
Reactions: NotLord Denning

imdeded

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 5, 2022
since application or since interview?
since interview
But they did hand out a load of PFOs didn't they, which I'm confused about.

Perhaps we've just slipped under the PFO UFO radar hahaha
possibly, i called them recently and they said they're still doing final rounds of interviews and we'll hear back by 'end of this month' 🙃

• ℹ️
Reactions: sxw517

NotLord Denning

Esteemed Member
Dec 18, 2020
Oh that’s so strange - I guess either way we’ll at least all know by Friday🤷‍♂️

"Thank you for attending your recent Interview and Online Assessment Centre with Ashurst, it was a pleasure to meet you.

We have now concluded all of our Interviews and Online Assessment Centre's and it is our intention to be in touch with you all, no later than Friday 17 February 2023, to provide an update.

In the meantime, we thank you for your patience and look forward to being back in touch soon."

Exact phrasing - when did you email Grad Rec?

SK02

Star Member
Premium Member
Jan 11, 2021
Anyone still waiting to hear from Trowers post test ?

Also, those who have received AC invites for Bakers spring scheme, how long the firm takes to respond after VI?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
For the VI invite for CRS, the portal stated that the deadline is today but the VI invite stated that the deadline is this Saturday. Would it be ok if i choose to complete it by Saturday? @Jessica Booker any thoughts on this? Thanks so much in advance :)
I would probably check with the firm just in case.

alexchristos

Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 19, 2022
"Thank you for attending your recent Interview and Online Assessment Centre with Ashurst, it was a pleasure to meet you.

We have now concluded all of our Interviews and Online Assessment Centre's and it is our intention to be in touch with you all, no later than Friday 17 February 2023, to provide an update.

In the meantime, we thank you for your patience and look forward to being back in touch soon."

Exact phrasing - when did you email Grad Rec?
I was on the phone with them yesterday - in all fairness, what they said was that they have concluded all of their ACs “up to date but [they] may be running more on a needs basis”. What exactly was meant by that I’m not sure but that’s what they said yesterday evening.

Reactions: NotLord Denning

ADKM

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 2, 2022
To anybody that's applied in previous years, how long do Ropes usually take to get back post-app?
They mentioned on their FAQs that they will respond to all applications after a month and might take longer for some apps as they review every app form holistically, so I think you should probably wait till a month from the date you applied, I applied on 31 Jan and haven’t heard back

• 🤝
Reactions: sxw517

NotLord Denning

Esteemed Member
Dec 18, 2020
I was on the phone with them yesterday - in all fairness, what they said was that they have concluded all of their ACs “up to date but [they] may be running more on a needs basis”. What exactly was meant by that I’m not sure but that’s what they said yesterday evening.
Sounds to me like they haven't finished reviewing all the AC performances yet. Plus if they said we'd hear back from them by 17th and ACs are still up for grabs on a needs basis they must have rejected a whole lot of people so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.