TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, has anyone emailed Stephenson Harwood grad rec about when they will roughly come back to us post case study and mind sharing what grad rec said - don't want to bombard them with update request if they've sent someone a date or update on when they will respond to us.

(Equally if no one has asked I'm happy to email, as a month is fair game to follow up with an update request).

shanialaw

Feb 9, 2023
My application for Linklater's Spring VC has been on hold for months, anyone know what I should do about this, they haven't responded to emails. Still haven't heard back from Forsters yet either, it's very disheartening 🥲

Reactions: Rolyp
Hi all: sorry for the new account but many of you know who I am through our discussions over the years. Also sorry for long post :oops:

I completed a first year scheme last year with an MC firm and got offered TC after the scheme interview which had an extended signing period to allow us to explore options. I continued to apply to a number of firms as I was not sure exactly what I wanted to do or if I would be suited better at a smaller intake firm. Having interviewed at a couple of firms and explored open days and events, I decided to sign and accept my TC at the beginning of January. I then withdrew my application from all other firms as is required. However, a well known private equity firm that I had withdrawn from called me a few weeks later to ask me whether I would consider reneging on my TC and very heavily implied that they would offer me a direct TC.
I found this really inappropriate because of the implication that I (and I assume others) could be fasttracked through a process which is supposed to be transparent and fair. Call me naive but I did not consider that this happens in this day and age.
I think this needs reporting but I do not know who to. Does anyone know if this is against regulations or rules? If so where can I find them?
If this has happened to others I would be really interested in hearing by DM.

Stasis

Distinguished Member
Mar 14, 2022
Hi all: sorry for the new account but many of you know who I am through our discussions over the years. Also sorry for long post :oops:

I completed a first year scheme last year with an MC firm and got offered TC after the scheme interview which had an extended signing period to allow us to explore options. I continued to apply to a number of firms as I was not sure exactly what I wanted to do or if I would be suited better at a smaller intake firm. Having interviewed at a couple of firms and explored open days and events, I decided to sign and accept my TC at the beginning of January. I then withdrew my application from all other firms as is required. However, a well known private equity firm that I had withdrawn from called me a few weeks later to ask me whether I would consider reneging on my TC and very heavily implied that they would offer me a direct TC.
I found this really inappropriate because of the implication that I (and I assume others) could be fasttracked through a process which is supposed to be transparent and fair. Call me naive but I did not consider that this happens in this day and age.
I think this needs reporting but I do not know who to. Does anyone know if this is against regulations or rules? If so where can I find them?
If this has happened to others I would be really interested in hearing by DM.
I know of two firms that have done it with a friend, it definitely does go on.

Reactions: newtothis
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.