TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amelia23

Junior Lawyer
  • Oct 14, 2022
    Freshfields PFO post-app for direct TC :( Does previously having failed an AC for the firm’s VS contribute to them more likely to PFO you? Kinda sad cos I do like the firm
    Hey, probably not what you want to hear but I've got a WG invite for the direct TC after reaching AC stage for their VS last year. Did you take up the offer of a feedback call with grad rec following the AC? I found that to be very helpful as they told me it was mostly my commercial knowledge that let me down in the case study interview (unsurprising as it was my first ever AC lol) but that they liked my initial application so I didn't change that much this round.

sxw517

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    Anybody know how many places are on Winston & Strawn's vac scheme?
    Not sure, it does say they are looking for 1-2 trainees on the app page though (I have been trying to work it out as well, as I have a diff SVS offer and wondering if it will be very competitive). On the basis of 1-2, I would presume it will be no more than 10?

All I can find is that they have upped their NQ salary to a pretty sizeable $215,000, which is significantly more than the firm I already have a SVS offer from lol

Reactions: NMA

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 26, 2022
    Does anyone have any advice for forgetting about previous ACs when preparing for upcoming ACs? I do not have outcomes for past ACs yet, but my upcoming AC has a very similar question style and format to the past ACs, so I'm struggling to prepare without worrying about what I said for other interviews :(

Bubbles

Legendary Member
    Jan 19, 2022
    They’re my second last one 🥹🥹🥹 given, I submitted my application a week later cause the website crashed for me. So I’m not sure if I’ll hear back at the same time as everyone else 🥹
    It doesn't look like they're going according to dates of submission... The person on this forum who got their AC applied on 31 January - I applied in December and still haven't heard back.. either it's a rejection or they're going in some random order

adamBS

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Jul 7, 2021
    What a day, Freshfields and Ashurst PFOs in the space of an hour - we love it :cool:

Look Whos Talking Now Omg GIF

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.