TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 26, 2022
Today I received a VS offer from one of my dream firms! I honestly cannot believe it.

I’ve recently been slapped with many rejections, and also some painful waiting from other firms post-AC (which now feel less crucial to get an offer from, as much as I’d still love one!).

Any tips on conversion to a TC would be amazing - I was super close to converting my VS last summer, and I really don’t want to miss the mark again!!

Sarah T

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Aug 9, 2020
    Do firms ever call you to reject you?
    I think it depends on their policy - I think it is usual practice for Grad Rec to tell you at the AC about the next steps and how feedback will happen. I have had a mixture of being informed of an unsuccessful outcome by some firms by call and by some firms via email.

aspiringlawyerr

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Oct 7, 2022
    Ropes pfo, this one hurts.. genuinely thought I had written a good application, received positive feedback too 😭

been getting rejecting post apps for all vs apps that I made this cycle, thought my previous applications weren’t upto the mark but had hoped for ropes

@Jessica Booker can u provide any advice on what could I possibly do to improve or maybe a direct tc route is the way forward for me? Really confused rn
    hi, sorry to hear! What feedback did you receive / did you ask for feedback? Thanks!

BonanzaBih_

Esteemed Member
    Jan 17, 2023
    Hey, has anyone done the first round Travers Smith interview and would be happy to share any tips? :) This is my first app cycle so I haven't done loads of interviews but have got to AC with a few firms so happy to share any application / video interview advice. Thank you!!

Edit - for those who might wonder, I heard back on Friday at about 5pm and the turn around for interviews is quite quick so was offered this Weds!
    Hi, I just had mine this morning and there is only the interview there is no other stage! It was a lot of ethical based questions

Ali A

Legendary Member
  • Feb 28, 2022
    Today I received a VS offer from one of my dream firms! I honestly cannot believe it.

I’ve recently been slapped with many rejections, and also some painful waiting from other firms post-AC (which now feel less crucial to get an offer from, as much as I’d still love one!).

Any tips on conversion to a TC would be amazing - I was super close to converting my VS last summer, and I really don’t want to miss the mark again!!
    Congrats! This is amazing!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.