TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonanzaBih_

Esteemed Member
Jan 17, 2023
Seeing that Travers Smith calls to give interview offers, i'm a bit concerned because I am an international applicant and live outside the UK. I put down an international number, and perhaps that puts me at a disadvantage? I do have the right to work in the UK and studied there too.
It's just something that has been on my mind.
Hi I got a call and I’m an international student myself so I don’t think you should worry about that

Reactions: Ali A

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi everyone, got a Ropes AC, first ever AC. If anyone has any specific advice about Ropes or just general advice about AC's, I'd be really grateful. Nervous is a bit of an understatement. @Jessica Booker do you have any tips/links to suggest?

Anyway I really hope everyone here gets good news from firms soon :)
What type of exercises are you going to have?

sxw517

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    Has anyone attended a virtual W&C practice area session in the past?

I registered for the capital markets one this afternoon, however, I'm feeling as rough with COVID.

I'm wondering whether it's interactive or more of a talk.

aniraz

Distinguished Member
    Premium Member
  • Oct 14, 2022
    Hi @Jessica Booker - could you please point me to some posts regarding ACs (specifically with Farrers or any other mainly private client firm)? The AC consists of an individual written exercise and a group case study exercise. It's my first AC so don't know what to expect
    If you google law firm written exercise or case study there are loads of resources. On the google search some tcla posts should also come up which go through them in detail

Reactions: Bubbles
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.