Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    Total Score 90%
    Recognising Assumptions 100%
    Evaluating Arguments 75%
    Drawing Conclusions 92%

I have just had feedback from the CC practice WG with these scores and I'm wondering if someone can translate this, as I thought the WG test was split into 5 sections.

Also, does anyone have any suggestions on how to improve evaluating arguments, it seems to be dragging my score down & while I thought it was one of the more straightforward areas, I'm obviously missing something.

Thanks in advance!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Total Score 90%
    Recognising Assumptions 100%
    Evaluating Arguments 75%
    Drawing Conclusions 92%

I have just had feedback from the CC practice WG with these scores and I'm wondering if someone can translate this, as I thought the WG test was split into 5 sections.

Also, does anyone have any suggestions on how to improve evaluating arguments, it seems to be dragging my score down & while I thought it was one of the more straightforward areas, I'm obviously missing something.

Thanks in advance!
    The firm can choose to prioritise sections of the WG rather than choosing all the different themes. Those not included may be less relevant to the firm or things they feel they can teach/train during the TC itself.

• ℹ️
    Reactions: sxw517

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Anyone ever received a VS offer after being put on hold? Idk what to think right now 😢
    Do people ever drop out of vacation schemes?
    People do drop out (hence why firms have hold/reserve lists). Because of the variables, it’s just difficult to know how likely you are to get on to the internship programme but there is a chance. Ultimately it states the firm would be happy to offer you if they had enough spaces, and so you have passed their recruitment process.

Sarah T

Valued Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Aug 9, 2020
    Thoughts on reapplying to a firm for the third year in a row, having reached AC twice with them?
    Did they give you any indication if you could re-apply again when you last interviewed with them? If not, is there anything on their website which says there is a minimum number of times you can apply?

Something that I've been told about re-applying is that they'll look for how you have worked on the feedback they have given - so if you are eligible to re-apply I'd ensure your implementing the previous feedback.

• ℹ️
    Reactions: HopefulFutureTrainee123

jomar

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 20, 2022
    i struggled with this myself but there's literally no way around it like you either do not accept the offers, or you ask them to be considered for a direct Tc (i know some people have done it successfully) or you postpone it to the following year but the student visa does not allow us to work during term time. I had a similar issue but for the summer vac scheme since i have a summer term with no classes just dissertation writing and i asked my university to write a letter to the visa compliance team saying that for the 2/3 weeks of the vac scheme i'll be on vacation and so ready to work full time but this can only be done up to 4 weeks. But if you have class and stuff.. it's going to be hard to obtain that.

I'm not an international student, but during a winter vac scheme at NRF we had an international student who had the same problem. They allowed this student to do 20 hours in the first week and a full working week in the second. I think each firm will have a different approach to this, however, so probably best to check in with individual law firms. They may suggest you opt for a direct TC route or an alternate scheme.

People do drop out (hence why firms have hold/reserve lists). Because of the variables, it’s just difficult to know how likely you are to get on to the internship programme but there is a chance. Ultimately it states the firm would be happy to offer you if they had enough spaces, and so you have passed their recruitment process.
    @Jessica Booker @j.s.cox @axbg I wanted to follow up with all of you because of how helpful these posts are.

Re: vacation letter. I have already secured one from my uni, which is going to be applied to the summer vac scheme I have already committed to joining. So thanks for that advice as I used it and it is well taken.

Looks like if I do get an offer for a late March/early April scheme, I am going to have to convince grad rec to let me do 2.5 days week one, and 5 days week two.

I will let you all know what happens!

Reactions: Jessica Booker
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.