TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

LawSir101

Mar 1, 2023
Got 8 post-AC rejections this cycle - one AC to go, and not looking good. My feedback suggests I am good at written exercises and interviews, but unable to come across as a "team player" during group exercises even though I make creative contributions, ask questions, and listen to everyone attentively. Standard's so high and I just don't know how to meet it.

hopefulfuturetrainee24

Jan 17, 2023
Got 8 post-AC rejections this cycle - one AC to go, and not looking good. My feedback suggests I am good at written exercises and interviews, but unable to come across as a "team player" during group exercises even though I make creative contributions, ask questions, and listen to everyone attentively. Standard's so high and I just don't know how to meet it.
A tip I would give is that if you notice someone being quiet, try and get them involved in the task.
also when making contributions, think about how you can build on other people’s initial ideas and let them know you think it’s a good idea.
It’s definitely very competitive and off putting, but not every firm has a group task in AC - only like half of the ACs I’ve attended over this cycle and last had group tasks.

KHAM2002

Standard Member
Dec 27, 2022
Huge congratulations!! Can anyone advise whether, having still heard nothing, I should assume PFO now that offers are being made?
I wouldn’t give up hope yet. They did say they’ll be interviewing until the end of this month and I got notified about my interview roughly a week before it happened so there’s definitely still a couple of weeks for them to send out more invites!

Sarah T

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Aug 9, 2020

I try to praise good ideas that group members give or say that I agree ( only if they are good ideas or if I actually agree with what they are saying). I definitely think bringing in a quieter member is good and just asking people what they think after I have made comment occasionally. I try to use people’s names as well it’s easier for virtual ACs as you can see them on screen. The name badges are really small for the in person ACs for my eyesight anyway.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.