Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I post in here for the benefit of others. Cut the BS and just ask what you want to ask please.

I applied end December. this is a post app rejection, sorry I forget to mention that originally.
This language is unnecessary. People don't need to bend to your ways of communicating either.

Please be more considerate when responding in future. Behaviour like this will not be tolerated.

D

Deleted member 24543

HSF post-ac pfo :-( a bit bummed but my scenario interview was really tough! they said we have to wait two recruitment cycles before applying again - anyone knows if this means two cycles as in winter + spring (meaning I can reapply next summer) or if this means i have to wait until 2025 😨

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    HSF post-ac pfo :-( a bit bummed but my scenario interview was really tough! they said we have to wait two recruitment cycles before applying again - anyone knows if this means two cycles as in winter + spring (meaning I can reapply next summer) or if this means i have to wait until 2025 😨
    Am sorry to har that and you should be proud of yourself as their AC is really hard and most people don't it to the AC so it is an achievement. In regards to 2 cycles it means 2 years.

Reactions: AlCapone

Cryingtiger

Valued Member
    Dec 11, 2020
    I post in here for the benefit of others. Cut the BS and just ask what you want to ask please.

I applied end December. this is a post app rejection, sorry I forget to mention that originally.
    WOW SO RUDE!!! White & Case dodged a bullet with you! No need to be snarky! 🤔

Maybe if you change your attitude, you may get somewhere? And I’m not being rude here!

Alison C

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Nov 27, 2019
    does anyone know how to contact people on Aspiring Solicitors? I've clicked on 'contact me' on their profile.
    Am I meant to send them a message on the AS website or do they contact you? pls help out a noob
    Try sending them a message on the AS website - though I've had 'ambassadors' telling me that the messaging system is rather ropey. They don't always see the messages, I believe. This was a while ago but a failsafe way would be to find the person on their firm website and explain where you saw their details? As long as you aren't doing anything unboundaried, or making assumptions, it should be a more reliable way to reach the person more quickly. They have volunteered and are (in my experience) willing and able. Good luck, it's worth persevering!

• ℹ️
    Reactions: Denver and Adrian_S

Alison C

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Nov 27, 2019
    How do u guys cope with anxiety post AC? I m just having panic attacks and really can't sleep at night :(
    Sorry to hear this. There are various things you might consider, depending on whether this is acute or chronic. Simple lifestyle changes like cutting down on coffee and ensuring that you are exercising and eating properly are a good start. There are various apps around (eg Calm, Insight Timer). Well-focused breathing can also help - you can probably find some apps or websites to help. You can also look up more advanced techniques like CBT.

Journalling can also be really powerful - either first thing in the morning or during the times that you can't sleep. Get yourself a really beautiful notebook and whatever pen/pens you fancy. Just do a big brain dump and don't worry about the details. It could be drawings, tables, dissociated thoughts.

If it hangs around too long then consider chatting with your GP who may be able to offer some counselling or similar. This isn't nearly as scary as it sounds.

Regaining a sense of humour can also be really helpful. Have a good laugh at a sitcom or find a stand-up you like watching.

I hope this doesn't stick around too long! Good luck!

PS - you could also try talking to the people at LawCare - depending if you are already working in the legal industry or not https://www.lawcare.org.uk/about-us/contact-us/

Last edited:
    • 🏆
    • ℹ️
    Reactions: Raynz, ubklu, Sarah T and 9 others

BeGrateful.101

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer
  • Aug 1, 2021
    Sorry to hear this. There are various things you might consider, depending on whether this is acute or chronic. Simple lifestyle changes like cutting down on coffee and ensuring that you are exercising and eating properly are a good start. There are various apps around (eg Calm, Insight Timer). Well-focused breathing can also help - you can probably find some apps or websites to help. You can also look up more advanced techniques like CBT.

Journalling can also be really powerful - either first thing in the morning or during the times that you can't sleep. Get yourself a really beautiful notebook and whatever pen/pens you fancy. Just do a big brain dump and don't worry about the details. It could be drawings, tables, dissociated thoughts.

If it hangs around too long then consider chatting with your GP who may be able to offer some counselling or similar. This isn't nearly as scary as it sounds.

Regaining a sense of humour can also be really helpful. Have a good laugh at a sitcom or find a stand-up you like watching.

I hope this doesn't stick around too long! Good luck!
    Thank you so much 😭

• 🤝
    Reactions: Alison C

SuccessfulSolicitor

Distinguished Member
    Feb 24, 2023
    How do u guys cope with anxiety post AC? I m just having panic attacks and really can't sleep at night :(
    I’m watching tv shows and reading books to distract! There’s so many shows like Love Island, You & Outer Banks so I’m just catching up.

You could try the gym too or an extra curricular you’re into but honestly dw, what’s meant for you will come to you x

• 🏆
    Reactions: Lord Sumption

Elingcp

Feb 9, 2023
    Could anyone help me to understand the timelines for potential Training Contract start dates on the back of a Vacation Scheme? I have managed to secure a Vacation Scheme for this Summer (July 2023) at one of my favourite firms and as I understand it, at the end of the scheme there is an opportunity to interview for a training contract place at the firm. In the event that I was successful at obtaining a TC place off the back of the vac scheme, would the firm be likely to offer this to start SQE prep the coming September (September 2023) or would I expect this to commence the following September (2024)?

Reactions: N_16
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.